|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
|||||||
![]() |
Show Printable Version |
Subscribe to this Thread
|
|
|
Thread Tools |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
need help setting the timing on my 96 blazer
I've recently replaced the intake gasket and now I can't get the the engine in time. I've done every thing the book has said and it still won't start.
|
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: need help setting the timing on my 96 blazer
What book do you have? What did it say to do?
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: need help setting the timing on my 96 blazer
I have the haynes book. and it said to remove the # 1 spark plug and turn the engine over to get the #1 cylinder on tdc and put in the distrubtor facing the #1 cylinder on the cap. which I did and still won't start.
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: need help setting the timing on my 96 blazer
ok, I'd take all spark plugs out except #1 and turn the motor over by hand until it gets hard to turn, then get it to tdc(must be at tdc on compression stroke of #1). Now look at rotor position, it should point at a V shaped pointer cast into the distributor base(the pointer with a 8 on it is at about the 4-5 O'clock position and the one with a 6 on it is at about the 8 O'clock) if you have a v-8 the rotor should point at the 8 and if its a v-6 the 6. If you can not turn the distributor far enough to line the rotor up with the pointer(disregard turning if you have v6), you need to remove distributor and line up dimple on distributor gear with a white line on the case and check the oil pump gear to make sure it is positioned correctly to match the slot on the bottom of distributor gear(need a long regular screwdriver and light to see down the hole distributor came out of). After setting distributor back in, recheck rotor alignment
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|