-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Volkswagen > Jetta/Vento/Bora
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-16-2004, 07:14 AM
bobtheram bobtheram is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy Alarm

I just got a 1997 Jetta GS and I didn't know it had an alarm. I do not have a manual, nor an alarm box with the key. Last night the alarm went off when my wife unlocked the driver door. So how does the alarm system work with just a key? Also I had to disconnect the battery and now the radio display just say SAFE and the clock was reset. So how do I get the radio to work and reset the clock? Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-16-2004, 01:49 PM
gr8gatzby's Avatar
gr8gatzby gr8gatzby is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 49
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Alarm

you can order a keyfob from th dealer, but the cheap way is through ebay. make sure you get an alarm keyfob with built-in uncut key. the dealer will then have to cut the key to your car, and program the alarm. these flip-keyfobs sell for around $30 at auction.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Volkswagen > Jetta/Vento/Bora


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:51 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts