|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
I Bought a 2000 Ford explorer this past November and I noticed in cold weather that there is something that turns on in the motor area that sounds like a loud vacuum cleaner and runs for about a minute and shuts off. when it shuts off it drops my tac and my truck stutters a bit.I havent noticed it in warmer weather but we havent had a lot of warm weather since I got the truck. Anyone know what this is???
|
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Hello, don't worry about the vacuum cleaner noise; its normal. It only happens in cold weather because the computer is trying to get the engine warmed up faster, so it revs it up to 1100 rpms for a minute. The HVAC (ventilation system) also circulates warm air around the engine and thats another reason why you hear the vacuum cleaner noise.
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Loud Noise
THanks for the info Nand12
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|