|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
battery drain
When i got my 94 jetta i activated the door lock alarm and heard a humming noise coming from the trunk. since then my battery wont hold a charge. what might be the problem.
|
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: battery drain
all the things you've listed as maybe problems are normal. have you thought that maybe the battery was dead when you bought it? have you bought a new battery yet?
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
The battery was replaced before I bought it. It worked fine for about a week and then I turned on the alarm. Everything went downhill after that. What is that humming noise?????
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: battery drain
someone in here mentioned that noise. I'm pretty sure they said it was the locking mechanism.
|
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: battery drain
It's a vacuum pump, the door locks operate on vacuum. Unless it runs for a very long time it wouldn't drain the battery. Have the battery tested and the electrical system checked for current draws. I would avoid taking it to a chain that sells batteries as they have a tendency to replace when it's not really necessary, I'd take it to a full service repair shop.
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|