-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Engineering/ Technical
Register FAQ Community
Engineering/ Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-12-2004, 04:47 PM
tommy lopez tommy lopez is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
is it my fuel pump

I have a 1999 suburban, it just did on the freeway. It cranks over fine but does not start. I have replaced the relay, and fuel filter. I can hear a whirring noise coming from the tank, when I released the pressure from the relief point I turned the key and heard the pump running. I checked the valve again and it sprayed fuel out. I have read that a injector could be stuck. would that cause it not to star or cuase it to run rough. The fuel pump is 257.00 i am I am a little hesitant to go after the pump and it not be it. frustrated and tired
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-20-2004, 04:07 AM
hollyanne hollyanne is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: is it my fuel pump

I sure hope someone answers you because my problem with my 86 jimmy s15 2.8L did the same thing! We DID change the pump - and about a million other things. 3 weeks later, my car won't start!!!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-28-2005, 05:07 PM
JCINCOTTA JCINCOTTA is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: is it my fuel pump

Same Problem On Ny 97 Suburban
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Engineering/ Technical


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:12 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts