|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Window Tint
Does anybody know what the darkest % is for window tint........legally? Also, how much would it cost to buy and have installed on a Trans Am's side windows and back windshield?
|
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
i would assume that each state has different limits on it, but i'm not sure. you can check with your local window-tinting shop and they will know the percentage. you can probably get your windows tinted by a pro for around $150 - $200, but once again that is depending on the shop that you go to and the kind of tint you are putting on there, so the cost could go up even more depending on what you get.
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
in illinois you cant have any tint legally on the front windows and as dark as you want in the back, but despite that i got all 3 windows 2 sides and back 20% for 220 from ziebart and its a lifetime warranty
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
For a white Trans Am would you recommend the "mirror" tint or just plain dark tint? Also, what would be the price comparison?
|
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Window Tint
Quote:
Here is a good resource for everyone to know what it is, believe me I used to live in california, where you get pulled over in a hearbeat and they give you a handy razorblade to peel it off on the spot! It's happen to me 3 times! Here's the website: http://www.autowindowtinting.com///stateLaws.ihtml The percentage is of how much light can come through. Any other questions? [email protected] Antonio 99 T/A 3.23 A4 blk/blk cpe Sin City Las Vegas! |
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Thx man.
|
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
FILM - tint only
*FILM + GLASS - after tint applied *VAGUE - law unclear *WINDSHIELD - visor down to inches specified or to AS-1 line *F.SIDE, B.SIDE, REAR - light transmission required, by %. NR *L&R MIRROR CERT - requires left and right mirrors installed if you tint your rear windows *CERTIF REQ - manufacturers to certify tint *STKR/LOC - sticker on the vehicle for legal tinting. SPEC/DRIVER,DOOR,ALL or RECOMMENDED *MEDICAL EXEMPTION - allows medical exeption I wanted to get my windows tented to so i want to the site and i can't understand this thing at all. what i get is that you can use 30% on the back and sides and only tint the windshield as far as the visors go down. But what is a AS1 line? Can anyone understand it better that that? ![]() YEAR INSTATED 1995TYPE VAGUE WINDSHIELD AS1 FRONT SIDE 30% BACK SIDE-(car) 30% BACK SIDE-(MPV) VAGUE REAR-(car) 30% REAR-(MPV) VAGUE L&R.MIRROR REQ. NO CERTIFICATE REQUIRED YES STICKER/LOC NO MEDICAL YES |
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Window Tint
I just got my windows tinted on my 2002 orange firebird 65% it was $160.00 Legal tint in Ohio is 50% but I've never really heard of anyone Getting pulled over just for that, I had 85% on my 99 grand prix. Different states Different RULES
|
|
#9
|
|||
|
|||
|
i had my windows tinted to 20 percent. it cost me $100.00 for all the windows. i got pulled over for it one day and the officer did a test on the window and it came up as 5% becasue of the factory tint. but i made up this story that i got the car with the tint on it and they let me go.
|
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
I just had my car tinted. 5% on the back, 20% on the sides. Car is tagged in Texas(where I keep my residency(I do a lot of travelin' with my job)) and I haven't had a problem anywhere with it. Cost me 120.
Just follow the laws in your state (like I should talk ) and if you decide to go darker, just roll the windows down whenever you're near Johnny Law
__________________
DarkblueTA GT70, FMIC, Alky-water injection, Hooker Cat back, 208/230 .549/.579 121LSA Cam, forged diamond pistons/eagle rods, LS6 block, Lakewood LCAs, BMR STB/PHRB/Sway Bars, poly torque arm bushing, Spec Stage 4i clutch, B&M Ripper Shifter, SLP Subframes, 60# injectors, KYB AGX shocks/struts, Moser 12 bolt(373 gears, 33 spline axles, posi, ta girdle/etc/etc/etc) and HPTuner kit 2007 Nissan Titan Daily Driver. 2* advance
|
|
#11
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Window Tint
i just recently had my windows tinted 2.5%(2 sides & back) and it cost me $225... in jersey the law is (last i heard) anything from your shoulders back is legal to tint, anything else is not
|
|
#12
|
||||
|
||||
|
I had my windows in my Nova tinted to 2% around 2 years ago. I paid 30 bucks for the tint at autozone and bought it to a tint shop that put it on for 75. As far as I know (in hickville Mississippi anyway) a state trooper is the only one that can actually write you a ticket for having dark window tint. A local police department or sheriff can ask you to take it off, but they cant actually DO anything to make you take it off. Around here 15% is the lowest legal, and I have been stopped atleast 10 times with my 2% and been asked to take it ofbut I never have. I think the only problem would be gettin an inspection sticker and on that I have no advice since I have not had one on my Nova in over 5 years.. heh
Rob
__________________
![]()
|
| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|