-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '92-'95 Civic | EL | Civic Hybrid | Civic GX NGV
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-09-2004, 07:17 PM
phewey phewey is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2000 civic noises

I own a 2000 Honda civic and recently I started hearing a humming or whirring noise from under the hood area whenever im driving. I usually hear it when i hit around 35 mph and it gets louder the faster I go. I dont have to hit the acceleration to hear this noise either. I can also now hear a pinging sound when I hit the acceleration which I never heard before. This vehicle is an automatic. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-09-2004, 07:35 PM
GScivic7's Avatar
GScivic7 GScivic7 is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 4,249
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to GScivic7 Send a message via MSN to GScivic7
Re: 2000 civic noises

You sure that pinging isn't engine knock? Don't know what that humming would be though.
__________________

Empty Pockets Racing Member #1
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-10-2004, 01:29 PM
mycivic's Avatar
mycivic mycivic is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,122
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 2000 civic noises

How would you explain the noise? Could you post a sound clip? Could it be one of the belts?
__________________


2003 Honda Civic LX
Mods: Bone Stock
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '92-'95 Civic | EL | Civic Hybrid | Civic GX NGV


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts