-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mercury > Cougar
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-06-2004, 11:22 PM
shiseiji shiseiji is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to shiseiji
77 Cougar performance package?

I've seen many Cougar XR-7s of years 77 thru 79 that have 351w, auto on the collumn, and split bench seat up front.

I bought a 77 Cougar XR-7 a few years back, as a project, that has a 400m(I think. I know it's 400 cubes, not sure on the m part), auto on the floor, buckets up front, full guages, and dual exhaust. All factory from what I can tell. Anyone know if this is some rare performance package or soemthing?

Thanx in advance,

J
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-14-2004, 04:15 PM
shiseiji shiseiji is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to shiseiji
Re: 77 Cougar performance package?

No one on here owns a 77 with these options?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-28-2004, 03:36 AM
narishma narishma is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You might want to run the VIN on your car to see what it is supposed to be. I prefer to do it myself by using a Chilton's guide (pick one up for your car at any auto parts store). Found out my '68 came from the factory with a 289. The block was replaced with a 302. Original heads and intake were used, now it runs about 10.3-1 compression.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-28-2004, 03:41 PM
shiseiji shiseiji is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to shiseiji
Thanx

Yeah, I never thot of that. Those manuals have more information in them than the average person uses. I might even have one for it already. Been so long since I worked on it. I've got too many other projects on the table... I'm gonna take a look tho.

Thanx again,

J
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mercury > Cougar


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts