|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
|||||||
| Off-Topic Talk about anything other than cars. |
![]() |
Show Printable Version |
Subscribe to this Thread
|
|
|
Thread Tools |
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
HELP with WEIRD BOV wiring
Just bought a '96 GSX and popped my hood and realized the vacuum line that normally goes from the intake mani. to the BOV wasnt connected on the BOV end, but rather connected to a plastic cylinder.
The plastic thing had a cable connected into one end, and two nipples on the other end. One vacuum line went to my vacuum mani. the other went to a "T" fitting that went between the WG actuator and my turbo, i think. I was wondering if this plastic thing is my BCS and how do i correctly re-wire this? I was pretty sure I needed to re-connect my vac hose so it would run between the intake mani. and my BOV nipple. But that will leave an open port in that plastic thing. Do I just cap off this opening or what? Any help would be greatly appreciated since my BOV is currently leaking constantly. I took a pic of how its currently connected but couldnt figure out how to attach it, lol. |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
kinda confusing
unload pic to your member gallery http://files.automotiveforums.com/ga...=500&password= |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
OK. I uploaded the pic to my Gallery. Any Help would be greatly appreciated.
|
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: HELP with WEIRD BOV wiring
yup that is your stock BCS.
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
So... Do I just cap off one of the nipple's on the BCS and reconnect my vac line to go from the intake mani. to the BOV?
|
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: HELP with WEIRD BOV wiring
the line from your mani should go to you BOV. the other opening should go to an opening on your intake tube [see pic]
|
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Re: HELP with WEIRD BOV wiring
the t connect is fine
|
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
Thanks BoostedSpyder. No wonder i had no boost, lol. I actually went down to the Mistu dealership earlier today to buy a fuel filter and asked em about it. After like 1 hour of searching their catalog, we found out how it was supposed to be wired. I couldnt believe how much stuff was hooked up wrong when i re-wired everything. (I wonder how much boost I was actually running....lol)
|
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: HELP with WEIRD BOV wiring
happy to see that you got it fixed
|
| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|