-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic
Register FAQ Community
COMPLETELY off-topic Talk about anything other than cars. But you can't be mad and angry in this forum!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-01-2004, 06:21 PM
matada's Avatar
matada matada is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 741
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to matada
Best resignation letter ever

This was forwarded to me by a good friend. I am not sure if it has been circulating already, but it does make a pretty good read:

Actual letter of resignation from an employee at Zantex Computers, USA,
to her boss, who apparently resigned very soon afterwards!

Dear Mr. Baker,

As a graduate of an institution of higher education, I have a few very basic expectations. Chief among these is that my direct superiors have an
intellect that ranges above the common ground squirrel. After your consistent and annoying harassment of my coworkers and me during the commission of our duties, I can only surmise that you are one of the few true genetic wastes of our time.

Asking me, a network administrator, to explain every little nuance of everything I do each time you happen to stroll into my office is not only a waste of time, but also a waste of precious oxygen. I was hired because I know how to network computer systems, and you were apparently hired to provide amusement to myself and other employees, who watch you vainly attempt to understand the concept of "cut and paste" for the hundredth time.

You will never understand computers. Something as incredibly simple as binary still gives you too many options. You will also never understand why people hate you, but I am going to try and explain it to you, even though I am sure this will be just as effective as telling you what an IP is. Your shiny new iMac has more personality than you ever will.

You walk around the building all day, shiftlessly looking for fault in others. You have a sharp dressed useless look about you that may have worked for your interview, but now that you actually have responsibility, you pawn it off on overworked staff, hoping their talent will cover for your glaring ineptitude. In a world of managerial evolution, you are the blue-green algae that everyone else eats and laughs at. Managers like you are a sad proof of the Dilbert principle. Since this situation is unlikely to change without you getting a full frontal lobotomy reversal, I am forced to tender my resignation, however I have a few parting thoughts.

1. When someone calls you in reference to employment, it is illegal for you to give me a bad recommendation. The most you can say to hurt me is "I prefer not to comment." I will have friends randomly call you over the next couple of years to keep you honest, because I know you would be unable to do it on your own.

2. I have all the passwords to every account on the system, and I know every password you have used for the last five years. If you decide to get cute, I am going to publish your "favorites list", which I conveniently saved when you made me "back up" your useless files. I do believe that terms like "Lolita" are not usually viewed favorably by the administration.

3. When you borrowed the digital camera to "take pictures of your Mother's birthday," you neglected to mention that you were going to take pictures of yourself in the mirror nude. Then you forgot to erase them like the techno-moron you really are. Suffice it to say I have never seen such odd acts with a sauce bottle, but I assure you that those have been copied and kept in safe places pending the authoring of a glowing letter of recommendation. (Try to use a spell check please; I hate having to correct your mistakes.)

Thank you for your time, and I expect the letter of recommendation on my desk by 8:00 am tomorrow. One word of this to anybody, and all of your little twisted repugnant obsessions will be open to the public. Never f*** with your systems administrator. Why? Because they know what you do with all that free time!

Wishing you a grand and glorious day,

Cecelia
__________________

Count em.....
matada19: she die?
OoToksinoO: no, unfortunately
matada19: damn
OoToksinoO: cant win em all man
matada19: can i sig that?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-01-2004, 06:25 PM
deadlight's Avatar
deadlight deadlight is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 387
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Best resignation letter ever

Oh my dear sweet jesus, almost sounds like she was an employee in office space. Is that seriously real?
__________________
Ford Taurus SHO: Owning your ass since 1989

Powered by Yamaha
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-01-2004, 06:55 PM
Zcaithaca's Avatar
Zcaithaca Zcaithaca is offline
fershizzle
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,567
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Zcaithaca
Re: Best resignation letter ever

yes...it is seriously real repetitively redundent man
__________________
Zach
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-01-2004, 07:13 PM
deadlight's Avatar
deadlight deadlight is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 387
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: Best resignation letter ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zcaithaca
yes...it is seriously real repetitively redundent man
You misspelled redundant.
__________________
Ford Taurus SHO: Owning your ass since 1989

Powered by Yamaha

Last edited by deadlight; 03-01-2004 at 07:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-01-2004, 07:37 PM
ci5ic's Avatar
ci5ic ci5ic is offline
worlds tallest midget
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 6,212
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Fake but funny none-the-less...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-01-2004, 07:41 PM
ac427cpe's Avatar
ac427cpe ac427cpe is offline
Miata is always the answe
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 3,184
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to ac427cpe
Re: Best resignation letter ever

omg.... that was amazing
__________________
hello, i am Dan

No more project cars. I wonder how long that will last...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-01-2004, 07:57 PM
blindside.AMG's Avatar
blindside.AMG blindside.AMG is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,910
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to blindside.AMG
I thought it was real until this paragraph here:

3. When you borrowed the digital camera to "take pictures of your Mother's birthday," you neglected to mention that you were going to take pictures of yourself in the mirror nude. Then you forgot to erase them like the techno-moron you really are. Suffice it to say I have never seen such odd acts with a sauce bottle, but I assure you that those have been copied and kept in safe places pending the authoring of a glowing letter of recommendation. (Try to use a spell check please; I hate having to correct your mistakes.)


That seems a little far fetched to me.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-01-2004, 08:58 PM
taranaki's Avatar
taranaki taranaki is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 16,048
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Best resignation letter ever

I could write a better one.Sounds like my boss.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-01-2004, 09:05 PM
kittedb18bt's Avatar
kittedb18bt kittedb18bt is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 2,272
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Best resignation letter ever

i liked it at first, then lost interest soon after.
__________________
Co-Founder of AF V-Card Club

1999 Ford Mustang Cobra: Cobra R rims, Magnaflow CB.

"no way man...i saw an LS1 fight godzilla and the LS1 beat godzilla and it looked in the air and was like what do you think of that god and god was like bring it bitch so they fought and the LS1 beat god now the LS1 is god because its the greatest thing ever."
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-01-2004, 10:08 PM
MagicRat's Avatar
MagicRat MagicRat is offline
Nothing scares me anymore
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 10,702
Thanks: 12
Thanked 82 Times in 77 Posts
It's funny, but likely not real. This letter fits the definition of 'extortion' and would be too risky to submit.
How effective are threats of naked pictures when you are up on criminal charges?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-01-2004, 11:23 PM
publicenemy137's Avatar
publicenemy137 publicenemy137 is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,343
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to publicenemy137
Re: Best resignation letter ever

i don't think it's real. that naked pictures sounds really fake
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-02-2004, 12:38 AM
Toksin's Avatar
Toksin Toksin is offline
Non-profit Organisation
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 7,854
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to Toksin
Re: Best resignation letter ever

Mine was better.

"I AM TEH QUIT!!1"
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-02-2004, 03:51 AM
crayzayjay's Avatar
crayzayjay crayzayjay is offline
CFA
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 9,529
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Re: Re: Best resignation letter ever

Hoax... i got the same email forwarded to me a few weeks ago and the guy supposedly worked at "Zantex Computers" Australia, not Zantex USA.. look up zantec computers you wont find shit, apart from the fact that "the boss supposedly resigned soon after"... my ass
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-02-2004, 10:27 AM
YogsVR4's Avatar
YogsVR4 YogsVR4 is offline
Funding the welfare state
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 17,795
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to YogsVR4
That wasn't all that creative.













__________________
Resistance Is Futile (If < 1ohm)
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-02-2004, 12:23 PM
goat_launcher's Avatar
goat_launcher goat_launcher is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,081
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My resignation was also better...well it shouldn't count as a resignation, because I did it after I got fired. But at the fulfillment warehouse I got fired from, after I was terminated, I walked right up to the main paging phone, and pressed #4 for the entire building speaker system. I heard a extremly loud beep that filled the warehouse. Now I could do damage. I let loose a 12 second double B flat ultra-low belch, then yelled "BLOOOWJOOOOB"! at the top of my lungs, then "EAT SHIT AND DIE, DOUCHEBAGS!" I had completed my reign of terror at Merrill Corp. Warehouse.
__________________
For once, just once, stfu and let everyone enjoy the thread. Thank you. -crazayjay
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:32 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts