-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Community
Off-Topic Talk about anything other than cars.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-27-2004, 12:24 PM
my97blackgst my97blackgst is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 76
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If you had the option....

Hey,

You can call me crazy after this post if you want to, But I have a chance to get a SRT-4 engine for a really good price. For those who don't know it's 2.4 liter, in the range of 230hp and 240torque with the stock turbo. Mopar has some awesome upgrades for this engine really cheap. And I have seen dyno charts/videos on it making 450+ hp with the stock internals. My biz will be soon taking off and I will have some extra money to play with. My question is..Would that 2.4 liter engine fit in my eclipse? or would I be better off buy a new racing engine from buschurr racing? I drive my car very very hard. So I want something that is extreamly reliable. I plan on going to atleast 400whp before the end of summer. I am pretty sure I could use my current bottom end of the engine and upgrade the pistons, rods, etc etc...But I want something that is damn bulletproof as I can make it. And my current engine is going on 98,000 miles. I know stuff will break but I want to keep it at a minumum so my idea is to overkill on some of the parts, I also probably need to find another auto trans that can take the power I plan on sending to it. So in to sum it all up, would you pass on the SRT-4 engine?

Cheers
Ben

P.S From my spark plug post which turned into a tuning post. I have gotten a 1G BOV (or diverter valve as some say) and a Big 16G turbo is on the way, and a FMIC is in the plans within the next month or two, and I am getting a boost controller. And I have already done the piping upgrades.
__________________
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T, Auto, A few small upgrades
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-27-2004, 12:58 PM
duckydsp's Avatar
duckydsp duckydsp is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 590
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't know about this one. The spyder's have a 2.4 engine in it so it would most likely fit after rearranging the engine bay. The srt-4 engine has 215 hp and 245 ft-lbs of torque. That is basically the same power specs as a 4g63. I would probably go with a new 4g63, because you would also need a shitload of parts to convert the swap and I don't think that it would be worth the time and money. Especially with the capabilities of the 4g63.
__________________
DSF
1998 Green Mitsubishi Eclipse GS- Vibrant Ram Intake, Greddy Evo2 cat-back, front and rear strut bars.
2 Kicker L7s, amp coming soon
17" white Motegi RT5 rims, Quwhees 12-piece wide-body kit will be put on....... someday
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-27-2004, 01:18 PM
my97blackgst my97blackgst is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 76
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: If you had the option....

Cool thanks for your reply, Your right on about those engine number on the SRT I just pulled those of the top of my head from what I thought they were. You made a comment that caught my attention, A new 4g63, Would that be the one they put in the EVO 8's (I think) that put out 271hp on the stock setup? If so I think that's gonna be a serious option.
__________________
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T, Auto, A few small upgrades
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Off-Topic


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:55 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts