-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Camaro Discussions
Register FAQ Community
View Poll Results: What do u pay monthly for insurance?
100-200 9 75.00%
200-300 2 16.67%
300-400 1 8.33%
im not tellin 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-21-2004, 02:04 PM
99camaroSS 99camaroSS is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 47
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
High insurance

He wats up i'm not quite 16 yet but im looking to buy an 88 iroc camaro can any body tell me what me insurance will be when I hit 16? THANKS!

Last edited by 99camaroSS; 01-21-2004 at 04:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-21-2004, 02:54 PM
BlkCamaroSS's Avatar
BlkCamaroSS BlkCamaroSS is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,740
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to BlkCamaroSS
Re: High insurance

I fit in your first category, but I would imagine that your insurance would be a little higher than mine, due to my experience and discounts...
__________________
2001 Camaro SS #2239 of 6332
1/4 mile time: 13.575 @ 105.55 mph, 60' time: 2.276
307.1 rwhp, 330.1 rwtq = 353.2 hp, 379.5 lb ft torque
Options: SLP Front Grille w/ SS Center Logo, 17" ZR1 Chrome rims, 6 speed, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Monsoon 500 Watt Sound System, T-tops, 1LE Performance Suspension
Mods: Holley PS Air Filter, SLP Air Box Lid w/ Mr. Ed's pipe fix, SLP CAI, SLP Bellows, SLP LM, SLP Y-pipe, SLP 160 Thermo, SLP Temp Module, SLP STB, KBDD SFC
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-22-2004, 07:07 PM
cannibalrights's Avatar
cannibalrights cannibalrights is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 148
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: High insurance

I think that the color of the car, affects it a little. I think if its red that its a little higher. I'm not sure if thats true or not. Like I said on your other thread where you asked what you should get 88 or 94, mines est. $1,300 a year.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-22-2004, 07:22 PM
89IROC&RS's Avatar
89IROC&RS 89IROC&RS is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 7,134
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: High insurance

well, ive heard that red is a factor, but dont know for sure, but ill tell ya this, when i brought the IROC home and got the title and registration, that shit says carmine instead of red lol.
__________________


Chevrolet Camaro - I enjoy beating the hell out of people

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68052
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-22-2004, 07:35 PM
cannibalrights's Avatar
cannibalrights cannibalrights is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 148
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: High insurance

Carmine? Shit that sounds fancy...Haha you know there chargen you for that.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-31-2004, 11:06 PM
crapmaster4000's Avatar
crapmaster4000 crapmaster4000 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 324
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Im sorry but I have a 88 camaro with a 355 and all that, im paying about 70 a month. Your poll is a little high and im only 17 but, I have a good student discount and go threw shelter insurance.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-31-2004, 11:49 PM
Zwrangler's Avatar
Zwrangler Zwrangler is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 684
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Im sorry but I have a 88 camaro with a 355 and all that, im paying about 70 a month. Your poll is a little high and im only 17 but, I have a good student discount and go threw shelter insurance.
thats not bad mate. I'm 21 years of age and have a clean driving record yet I had to go to 7 insurance companies before i could find one that agreed to insure my car. Also, check this site out, might explain why camaro insurance can be so high.

http://moneycentral.msn.com/articles...asics/8135.asp
__________________

93 camaro Z28 R.I.P.
From this......................to this and this

check it out at my website

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars but glory is forever !"
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-01-2004, 02:22 AM
Genopsyde's Avatar
Genopsyde Genopsyde is offline
The President
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 5,412
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Genopsyde Send a message via Yahoo to Genopsyde
Re: High insurance

Insurance companies are greedy little whores, they have you handing over all this money every month, and when you get an accident, they wanna drop you and not pay a dime.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-01-2004, 12:35 PM
cannibalrights's Avatar
cannibalrights cannibalrights is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 148
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: High insurance

...supid insurace companys.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-01-2004, 02:47 PM
Zwrangler's Avatar
Zwrangler Zwrangler is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 684
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Insurance companies are greedy little whores, they have you handing over all this money every month, and when you get an accident, they wanna drop you and not pay a dime.
hmm.... I'm sensing theres a story behind this. However, i remember about 2 years ago i got into a minor accident when the guy infront of me slammed on the brakes going at around 60kms/hr and on a green light. I lightly bumped him from behind but there was no visible damage damage done whatsoever but just in case the guy took my details and said he would call me THE NEXT DAY if there was any damage at all. I agreed.

Three months and a half later I get a letter in the mail from his insurance company saying that he needed a brand new bumper bar .. But wait theres more ..... and they were demanding $1200 for a simple rear bumper bar which normally costs around $4-500 painted and fitted. I called them up and told them to go to hell and that theres no way i'm payin for a bumper which i didn't damage, let alone 3 and a half months ago. Next day the insurance lady calls me up and says the insurance company is willing to "settle" for $750 from me. They obviously realised i wasn't gonna pay and were trying to squeeze whatever they could out of me. Well lets just say they didn't see one red cent from me

Oh, on an off topic note. I saw the weirdest thing today. It was a red lamborghini countach sitting at the wreckers collecting dust. body and interior is in average condition and even still has the exhaust system (4 tips comin out the middle at the back). Only thing missing was the engine. Its just been dumped by the owner. me and my dad are toying with the idea of buying it and rebuilding it just thought its something interesting to bring up.
__________________

93 camaro Z28 R.I.P.
From this......................to this and this

check it out at my website

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars but glory is forever !"
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-02-2004, 12:58 AM
camarogurl_92 camarogurl_92 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 29
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to camarogurl_92 Send a message via AIM to camarogurl_92 Send a message via Yahoo to camarogurl_92
I have a 92 RS, I have only been driving for a little less than 3 years, 25 years old and I only pay 92 a month for full coverage. Plus, when I got hit by a semi, they came to me, evaluated the damage while i was at school, and cut me a check. never once raised my rates
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-02-2004, 07:42 AM
Hypsi87's Avatar
Hypsi87 Hypsi87 is offline
I got your v-8 swingin!!!
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,965
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Hypsi87
I pay 110 a month for the GN and The ranger. The GN under full coverage is less than the Ranger under liabilaty
__________________


Grand National. Going fast with class.
Voted FASTEST street car on AF.
Here is the proof!!!
1987 Buick Grand National.
Back in action!!!!
1999 Ford F-250
Tow rig from hell 598 Ft-lbs.
ASE Certified in...
Mobile AC
On Highway medium duty diesel engines.
Off highwayy medium duty diesel engines.
On highway trucks.
Working on the eletronics certification

Member of
A.A.N.B.C- Afer against non boosted crews #2
Reply With Quote
 
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does the subby have high insurance nipplewart Impreza/9-2x/Outback Sport 17 11-10-2003 05:09 PM

Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Camaro Discussions


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:17 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts