-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mazda > MX-5/ Miata
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-19-2004, 11:13 AM
Big Block Bob Big Block Bob is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 38
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lightbulb Miata...Piece of crap?

Hey all. I was thinking of getting a 94-95 MIata and I was wondering if they are reliable cars. My friend said not to because they're a piece of crap...but I really like them. I saw one that was rear ended and the body panels where cracked like if they where made of plastic...are they safe cars?
There is a nice red one in a used car dealer and I really want to test drive it but I don't know where the trouble spots are...help me please!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-22-2004, 06:43 PM
Sam I am Sam I am is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 104
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
A guy down the block from me has one and it's always in the shop, the electronics are a little sensitive.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-25-2004, 01:07 AM
Swingdancr Swingdancr is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Swingdancr
Re: Miata...Piece of crap?

Mine has witheld all I have done to it pretty well. Did decent in the crash tests too.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-25-2004, 12:34 PM
davidaustin davidaustin is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Miata...Piece of crap?

My 92 or 99 are very reliable. They always start. My 92 needed a window regulator once & has a sucky OEM radio (now resolved) and my 99 had some leather cleaner spilled in the power window switch which caused a failure but thats it.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-26-2004, 01:25 PM
FinalJenemba FinalJenemba is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I own one and , yes, they are VERY reliable. If you dont believe me, just check consumer reports. Also if your intrested in a miata go to miataforum.com and join the club, youll get alot of good information there.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-02-2004, 01:44 PM
OneFastMiata OneFastMiata is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 40
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to OneFastMiata
Re: Miata...Piece of crap?

What a joke... The miata is indestructible!!

Look at my cardomain site...dyno graphs, videos etc...then buy with confidence!

http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...54&cat=5&val=1
__________________
WWW.LOUISVILLESTREETS.com
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-03-2004, 11:29 AM
Sam I am Sam I am is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 104
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: Miata...Piece of crap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFastMiata
What a joke... The miata is indestructible!!

Look at my cardomain site...dyno graphs, videos etc...then buy with confidence!

http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...54&cat=5&val=1
Woah! are you really a woman? that's awesome!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-03-2004, 06:35 PM
OneFastMiata OneFastMiata is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 40
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to OneFastMiata
Re: Miata...Piece of crap?

lol, yeah last time I checked.
__________________
WWW.LOUISVILLESTREETS.com
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-14-2004, 06:38 PM
Cissy's Avatar
Cissy Cissy is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 20
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking Re: Miata...Piece of crap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Block Bob
Hey all. I was thinking of getting a 94-95 MIata and I was wondering if they are reliable cars. My friend said not to because they're a piece of crap...but I really like them. I saw one that was rear ended and the body panels where cracked like if they where made of plastic...are they safe cars?
There is a nice red one in a used car dealer and I really want to test drive it but I don't know where the trouble spots are...help me please!
I have had my Miata since new July, 1989. Never been to a shop. I take care of it very well and she rarely has given me a problem. After 14 1/2 years, she is starting to show some wear and tear, but I think that is normal by now . I use her as a commute car so she has over 92, 000 miles. Hopefully, she's carry on for me another few years. See her pic

http://members.aol.com/ivamiata/Krikkit/index2.html

~Cissy
__________________
~Cissy
"don't be so open-minded your brains fall out"

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-18-2004, 11:02 AM
Sam I am Sam I am is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 104
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: Miata...Piece of crap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cissy
I have had my Miata since new July, 1989. Never been to a shop. I take care of it very well and she rarely has given me a problem. After 14 1/2 years, she is starting to show some wear and tear, but I think that is normal by now . I use her as a commute car so she has over 92, 000 miles. Hopefully, she's carry on for me another few years. See her pic

http://members.aol.com/ivamiata/Krikkit/index2.html

~Cissy

Your car is really cute, I like it a lot! The smiling mouth with the teeth is just awesome, it reminds me of those animated clay dudes; Wallace and Grommit from that movie "The wrong trousers".
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-18-2004, 11:35 PM
Cissy's Avatar
Cissy Cissy is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 20
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Miata...Piece of crap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I am
Your car is really cute, I like it a lot! The smiling mouth with the teeth is just awesome, it reminds me of those animated clay dudes; Wallace and Grommit from that movie "The wrong trousers".
Oh Thank you!!

I am reminded of those Chevron commericals and the little smiling cars

I didn't see "The Wrong Trousers", but it sounds cute! Wallace and Grommit are great names, too

__________________
~Cissy
"don't be so open-minded your brains fall out"

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-19-2004, 05:05 PM
ALLiNEEDis90HP's Avatar
ALLiNEEDis90HP ALLiNEEDis90HP is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 50
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to ALLiNEEDis90HP
Re: Miata...Piece of crap?

i've had my miata for 3 years now no major problems what so ever.. they just need to be maintained regularly and they'll be just fine
__________________
1990 Mazda Miata
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/350824

-Andrew
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-18-2004, 10:47 AM
fujiwara takumi fujiwara takumi is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 40
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Miata...Piece of crap?

the only really crappy problem ive had with my car that i didnt cause is the electronic/keyless locks. not that i need them, it just pisses me off
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-23-2004, 09:11 AM
Mr.MiataNstuff Mr.MiataNstuff is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Mr.MiataNstuff Send a message via Yahoo to Mr.MiataNstuff
Re: Miata...Piece of crap?

That Friend of yours is out of his mind he doesn't know what is talking about a miata is a great all around sport car with an excellent Reliability record for years since it was introduced after 15 years of coming to american soil manages to keep the american automotive journalist talking to me is the greatest sport car ever from Japan keep in mind that it has been declared the best selling two seater sport cars of all times and the 2003 Guines Records Book can back this up, I have owned 5 of them and I know all about them advise get one and you will understand me and those thousands of fans around the world
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-06-2004, 05:19 PM
spartan spartan is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
my brotheer in law hit a tree goin 50 mph and it did barely any damage to his 89' miata
Reply With Quote
 
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wow Kias are pieces of crap 98StangGT Sephia 4 12-20-2005 10:38 AM
2003 Corolla S Piece of CRAP turboterror Cars in General 6 06-12-2005 06:45 PM
Pieces of crap S10ripper N2O | Turbo | Superchargers 9 02-18-2005 03:34 PM
1999 Piece of crap. Lemonbuyer Jimmy 4 11-16-2004 01:37 PM
Piece of crap forum, no answers on my question PooPooMaDoo Expedition 6 09-05-2004 12:09 PM

Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mazda > MX-5/ Miata


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts