-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Caprice
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-15-2004, 02:33 PM
[email protected] btripp@roanoke.edu is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 40
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Screw on Alternator? What kind?

Could someone tell me what kind of adapter I need to loosen the screw on the upper left of the alternator on a 1991 305? It looks like a torx 30 something, but I tried a 30 and just stripped the bit. 40 is too big. Is it a 35 or something?

Thanks! -Ben
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-16-2004, 05:55 AM
a1supersport a1supersport is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 159
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to a1supersport Send a message via Yahoo to a1supersport
Unhappy Re: Screw on Alternator? What kind?

Probably a 35...but I'm still trying to figure out what screw that is.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-17-2004, 11:02 AM
Countilaw's Avatar
Countilaw Countilaw is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 19
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Countilaw
Are you asking about the belt tensioning bolt that allows you to tight the belt by leaning the alternator over to one side a bit?

__________________
What I want and what I get are usually two different things
but I'm cool
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Caprice


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:30 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts