|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
high revs at idle
The idling speed on my 3.0L '89 Taurus Wagon is approx. 1500rpm. Any ideas on how to bring this down to normal (750rpm?).
Thanks. |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: high revs at idle
I have the same problem with my '97 sedan
...any help would be nice.dave |
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: high revs at idle
If it were mine I'd be looking at a temperature sensor that may be malfunctioning. It sounds like the "brain box" thinks the engine is cold all the time and thus keeping it on high idle as if it were. I'm no expert and this may or may not be the problem. I'm sure someone more knowledgable on the subject will make a correction if need be and maybe a more appropriate diagnosis. Good luck.
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: high revs at idle
check for vacume leaks. it the tach goes up and down abit even in the slightest. I would say that would be the reason. otherwise goodluck
|
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
I put some STP fuel injector cleaner in it yesterday, and it went away. On my way home (3rd time i drove it after adding treatment), it happened again. I'm taking it to the shop today, so we'll find out what they think is wrong.
Dave |
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Took it to the shop last week like i said...turns out it was the idle sensor motor. couldn't be the EGR valve like some told me b/c it would have been dying. oh well...runs great now, all i need are new tires and to fix the suspension knocking noise (someone mentioned the same problem in an earlier thread). i feel better now.
dave |
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: high revs at idle
i started my 96 one morning and it stayed at 2000 rpm, turns out the IAC motor (idle sensor motor) was malfunctioning.
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|