-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Jeep > Grand Cherokee | Grand Cherokee SRT8
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-13-2004, 08:11 AM
99 FRUSTRATED JEEP 99 FRUSTRATED JEEP is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 22
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Extreme Play in Steering

I NEED HELP! I have had everything I the front end of my 99 grand Cherokee replaced in the past 2 months. Now when I drive down the freeway I have EXTREME play in the steering. Is this a normal thing? The Jeep sways from side to side freely. This is my first Jeep and had nothing but problems since I've owned it.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-13-2004, 10:39 AM
richpinkham richpinkham is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 69
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Extreme Play in Steering

Loose steering is not normal for this jeep, mine drives very tight but does wander a little in cross winds due to its hight.
there are only a few things that will make a jeep steering feel loose.
1 is the track bar that holds the front end straght with the frame and will affect the steering a lot.
2 Loose steering shaft joints or steering box.
3 Bad tie rod ends or tires out of round
4 worn out shocks or bad alignment.
5 loose body to axles componites including ones on the rear axle.
Hope some of this may help locate the prolbem.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Jeep > Grand Cherokee | Grand Cherokee SRT8


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts