-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > C/K
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-09-2004, 11:11 PM
rcpd34 rcpd34 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Adding Steering Wheel Controls for DIC

I have an '04 Silverado 2500HD LS w/o the steering wheel controls. If I buy a steering wheel with the controls, is it a direct plug in? Will I gain all of the DIC and remote radio features? Please advise!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-09-2004, 11:23 PM
Slowprocess's Avatar
Slowprocess Slowprocess is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,356
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Slowprocess
You might want to contact these guys for any steering wheel audio questions. I know they sell these controls for the 99-02 but you might want to contact them to see if they will work for your truck.

http://www.jpcustoms.com/store/custo...249&cat=&page=
__________________

Daily Driver- 00 Camaro SS A4 1/4- 12.30@118mph 2.14-60ft on street tires
Weekend Warrior-99 Silverado "Dirty" 1/4-11.63@118mph 1.8-60ft
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-10-2004, 12:51 AM
TXAGG05 TXAGG05 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 138
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My truck is an '02 with the single cd. Do you know if its a direct plug in? Also, I'm into things looking stock so does this actually come with the SUVs mentioned or look alike?
Thanks once again,
Jeb
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-10-2004, 12:57 AM
Slowprocess's Avatar
Slowprocess Slowprocess is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,356
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Slowprocess
These came in the higher up gm vehicles in 02. The Denali and the escalade. Don't think it was an option on the trucks at the time, but I could be wrong. I know they will control the single cd radios, but no operation for the program button, but I really don't think ya need a program option on the steering wheel.
__________________

Daily Driver- 00 Camaro SS A4 1/4- 12.30@118mph 2.14-60ft on street tires
Weekend Warrior-99 Silverado "Dirty" 1/4-11.63@118mph 1.8-60ft
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > C/K


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:17 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts