|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
who would win?
my friend is driving a 1995 mustang gt auto, vert with just pulleys and a cold air intake. what kind of 1/4 mile times would he get. He wants to race a guy with a 2001 mustang v6 5 speed coupe stock. who do you think would win??
|
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
The 95 hands down. 1/4 mile times, probably high 14s or low 15's. Tell your friend to get a gear change asap. With an automatic convertable your dealing with the worst of both worlds. My suggestion would be 4.10s or 3.73s
__________________
Ported Cobra Intake, Ported & polished Windsor Jr heads, K&N, Vortech s-trim, 90mm Lightining mass air meter, 70mm throttlebody,1.7 roller rockers, BBK Long tube headers, offroad H-pipe, Crane cam, main cap girdle, 40 series flowmaster, 3.73 gears, MSD ignition, CGS subframes, A9L PIH kit, SCT custom burned chip, 42lb injectors, 190lph fuel pump, T rex and fuel pressure regulator, AFCO racing radiator (If it doesn't scare the Hell out of you it isn't fast enough) |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: who would win?
eillob
are you running a recalibrated stock MAF or an aftermarket and just out of curosity why such large injectors? The 19lb factory pieces would be more than enough to supply a engine with your parts list. When I swapped my 24s for 30s there was no obivous performance gains but my milage dropped, so I'm thinking of putting the 24s back in. I have an appointment with Panhandle for some time on the dyno next week so I'll wait until I get some figures before I decide.
__________________
![]() 11.5:1 306 CANFIELD STAGEII HEADS SCORPION 1.6 COMP CAM 555/570 GT40 INTAKE STAGEII LOWER 65MM TB PRO-M 75MM MAF 30LB INJECTORS 190LPH FUEL PUMP/ NOS INLINE PUMP FMS ZT5 CENTERFORCE CLUTCH HURST SHIFTER ALUM DRIVESHAFT 31SPLINE MOSER AXELS AUBURN DIFF ALUM RADIATOR MSD 6AL MSD ADJUSTABLE TIMING RETARD NOS STAGE II 150HP 497@5800 474@4300 11.3@118 |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
I changed my MAF sensor for one calibrated for 30lb injectors. The reason I went with larger injectors is because im adding a 100 shot of nitrous. Also in the next couple of months I plan on swapping the motor for a 347.
__________________
Ported Cobra Intake, Ported & polished Windsor Jr heads, K&N, Vortech s-trim, 90mm Lightining mass air meter, 70mm throttlebody,1.7 roller rockers, BBK Long tube headers, offroad H-pipe, Crane cam, main cap girdle, 40 series flowmaster, 3.73 gears, MSD ignition, CGS subframes, A9L PIH kit, SCT custom burned chip, 42lb injectors, 190lph fuel pump, T rex and fuel pressure regulator, AFCO racing radiator (If it doesn't scare the Hell out of you it isn't fast enough) |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: who would win?
Thats what I figured, I have heard alot of different opinions on injector size vs hp. I say it's better to go a little bit than to run lean, good plan, and cool car.
__________________
![]() 11.5:1 306 CANFIELD STAGEII HEADS SCORPION 1.6 COMP CAM 555/570 GT40 INTAKE STAGEII LOWER 65MM TB PRO-M 75MM MAF 30LB INJECTORS 190LPH FUEL PUMP/ NOS INLINE PUMP FMS ZT5 CENTERFORCE CLUTCH HURST SHIFTER ALUM DRIVESHAFT 31SPLINE MOSER AXELS AUBURN DIFF ALUM RADIATOR MSD 6AL MSD ADJUSTABLE TIMING RETARD NOS STAGE II 150HP 497@5800 474@4300 11.3@118 |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: who would win?
not only that, but a set of smaller injectors with the pressure turned up is better than larger with the pressure turned down.
because of atomization, etc.
__________________
Mustangs are nice, but I'd rather have one of these...
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|