-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Talk
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-31-2003, 07:32 PM
Hypsi87's Avatar
Hypsi87 Hypsi87 is offline
I got your v-8 swingin!!!
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,965
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Hypsi87
new project car

Well I bought it. I purchased a 1992 mustang GT five speed for my Twin turbo project. Already have the engine out of it and ready to be tore down. Anything I need to know or you think I need to know would help alot. This is not my first 302 ive torn into. Just have not done too many of them. Any tips woull be cool.

Andy
__________________


Grand National. Going fast with class.
Voted FASTEST street car on AF.
Here is the proof!!!
1987 Buick Grand National.
Back in action!!!!
1999 Ford F-250
Tow rig from hell 598 Ft-lbs.
ASE Certified in...
Mobile AC
On Highway medium duty diesel engines.
Off highwayy medium duty diesel engines.
On highway trucks.
Working on the eletronics certification

Member of
A.A.N.B.C- Afer against non boosted crews #2
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-31-2003, 07:50 PM
syr74 syr74 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 479
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: new project car

Whoa, I am actually taking the same basic approach for a new motor to drop into my 88 Turbo Coupe. The difference is I want to use a mod motor if I can.

I had a 4.6L SOHC out of a 96 Thunderbird to rebuild and use in my car. However, I decided to "try" and go with a DOHC version or at least a 5.4L if I do use the SOHC.

Problem is, since I sold the 4.6L I haven't found a DOHC or 5.4L SOHC motor that was in a price range I was willing to pay. I suppose I may be waiting a bit longer yet.

BTW, I bough the SOHC 4.6L for 75 dollars with a light knock in it...seriously. Buddy of mine owned the garage that did the swap and the car owner just brought in the car and a replacement engine...left the old motor with the garage owner who sold it to me.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-31-2003, 08:16 PM
boosted331 boosted331 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,132
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If you ever want to make real power, start looking for an A4/Dart/R302 block in classifieds all over the net, and maybe you can find one already prepped for "cheap".
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-01-2004, 07:10 PM
HiFlow5 0's Avatar
HiFlow5 0 HiFlow5 0 is offline
Stanger
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 3,171
Thanks: 1
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Send a message via AIM to HiFlow5 0
Re: new project car

Awesome man! Take some pictures as you go, I like to see them.
__________________
[size=1]-1950 Ford Custom, flathead V8
-2013 Ford Flex
-1999 Ford F150

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-01-2004, 07:35 PM
Hypsi87's Avatar
Hypsi87 Hypsi87 is offline
I got your v-8 swingin!!!
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,965
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Hypsi87
will do....It's going to be sitting for awhile untill I can recover from chrismas/more goodys for the buick/buying the car/anything elese that has come up. As far as the block is conserned....Ill stay with the stock block. Lets see how far it can be pushed.

BTW. Has anyone had any experence with extrude honing the intake???
__________________


Grand National. Going fast with class.
Voted FASTEST street car on AF.
Here is the proof!!!
1987 Buick Grand National.
Back in action!!!!
1999 Ford F-250
Tow rig from hell 598 Ft-lbs.
ASE Certified in...
Mobile AC
On Highway medium duty diesel engines.
Off highwayy medium duty diesel engines.
On highway trucks.
Working on the eletronics certification

Member of
A.A.N.B.C- Afer against non boosted crews #2
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Talk


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:52 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts