-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Buick > Regal
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-14-2003, 09:12 PM
jay0123 jay0123 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1992 Buick regal

I have a 1992 Buick regal 3.8

and recently the service engine light is coming on. I had a hole up near my manifold and had it repaired and a new o ring put in it. After that is when the service light began coming on. The car stalled as I was at a stop light, it would start up again no issues and as I gave it some gas it would..."shunt" or jerk like it had water in the gas or something once..then the service light would come on..and as I kept going the service engine light would stay on for several minutes then " hiccup, jerk" and the service light will go out..and it would then run smoothly. It does this frequently now and sometimes (between 0 and 90kph...notice it doesnt seem to hiccup at speeds above that ...highway) at an idle it will just stall. or idle so rough..revving from 200-700 rpm over and over and eventually in most cases just stall. (noticed this warming the car up one cold morning) I took it in recently to GM and they said it flagged as the fuel injection valve? Has anyone heard of this issue before?...could it be anything else?? They also mentioned putting a 1/4 quart of Tranny fluid in a full tank of gas can sometimes clean this valve out?? ANy thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thx
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-07-2004, 03:45 PM
zippydog zippydog is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 1992 Buick regal

i have same car same problem also need help mechanicly declined
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-30-2004, 03:35 PM
93rgeal87gn 93rgeal87gn is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 45
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hmmm could b a bad injector... cloged injector or dirty....fuel pump going bad...but a cheap rfix and what it sounds like is your fuel filter is dirty and bad... eassy a eating pie to change! inder car in front of gas tank try that and a can of fuel injector cleaner!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-05-2004, 07:27 PM
karquest karquest is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have the same problem with my 3.1 regal. I have replaced fuel filter, o2 sensor and air filter with no luck. I have been advised about replacing cam or crank sensor. let me know how you make out. I will advise you when I have problem solved.
Reply With Quote
 
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale 1992 Buick LeSabre Custom 3.8L V6 feniks Cars/Parts for Sale/Exchange 1 08-11-2010 12:11 AM
2000 buick regal ls wont start jflash187 Regal 1 11-04-2009 08:09 PM
transmission issues. 91 buick regal 3.8 bac512 Regal 0 04-25-2009 11:58 AM
1992 Buick Regal Stalling markyezy Regal 5 12-28-2005 12:51 AM
1992 Buick Regal check engine code help redlines4us Regal 11 07-11-2003 11:46 AM

Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Buick > Regal


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:38 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts