|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
|||||||
| '88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee Partnership with: LadyNRedSi.com |
![]() |
Show Printable Version |
Subscribe to this Thread
|
|
|
Thread Tools |
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Ok, so in another thread i had, i asked about a high warmup idle. wasnt able to fix it yet but yesturday my idle when the car is warm stopped going to where its supposed to.. it now idles at aroudn 2200-2500 rpms while warm.. i cant stand driving it like this... i tried adjusting the idle screw with the EACV unplugged and it didnt work. when i unplugged the eacv it dropped to 1500 and surged a lil bit there but wouldnt change otherwise. checked all my vacumm connections and they are good.. Any ideas why this is happening?
__________________
AF Bay Area Crew ![]() RIP Melt 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution GSR 2007 Toyota Prius ![]() ![]() I <3 and miss my 4g
|
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Stupid Idle.
try adj'ing the throttle cable.
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Stupid Idle.
i tried adjusting the cable a lil bit, didnt seem to do anything.
__________________
AF Bay Area Crew ![]() RIP Melt 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution GSR 2007 Toyota Prius ![]() ![]() I <3 and miss my 4g
|
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
You sure the throttle cable isn't hanging on something? is properly lubed?
__________________
Honda Enthusiast
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Stupid Idle.
doesnt look like its caught on anything, guess ill have to get someone to move the pedal while i check it out..
__________________
AF Bay Area Crew ![]() RIP Melt 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution GSR 2007 Toyota Prius ![]() ![]() I <3 and miss my 4g
|
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Re: Stupid Idle.
Dont feel bad I have been focking with mine since I swapped motors sometimes its high sometimes it dies sometimes it runs pefect. I think its something to do with the start temp and the IAC (I changed it)
If you ever figure it out tell me so I can try whatever you do with mine... |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Re: Re: Stupid Idle.
Quote:
__________________
"hi! my name is Lady, and i'm a HONDA-holic" ..don't make me send Setanta over in his Waambulance to give you an aloe tissue for your sensitive nose! ![]() *~ I <3 the G Ride ~*~ I <3 OLD SKooL |
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Stupid Idle.
if its fuel injected do an ohmmeter test on the ecm.
|
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Stupid Idle.
it was my Fast Idle Thermo Valve. it was stuck open and causeing a vacuum leak. All fixed now nice low idle
__________________
AF Bay Area Crew ![]() RIP Melt 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution GSR 2007 Toyota Prius ![]() ![]() I <3 and miss my 4g
|
| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|