-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Community
Off-Topic Talk about anything other than cars.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-02-2003, 01:40 AM
phinko phinko is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
4G63 Education

Im looking to buy a 4g63 but I have a few questions to ask and hopefully the guru's of this site will pummel me with info!!!
1. Ive heard that the pre '95 4g63 did not have the issues with crankwalk, is this true and what is the real difference between the 2 engines?
2. Is the GSX the only eclipse that homes this engine or can it also be found in the either of the other models?
3. Does anyone know where I can find a used one or built up one for a low price?

phinko
__________________

Yeah, Thats mine....................well not really
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-02-2003, 01:48 AM
kjewer1 kjewer1 is offline
AF - Advisor
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 6,342
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
1) The 95-97 had the most cases of crankwalk, with the jury still out on the 98-99s. The 93-94 1g motors were also 7 bolkts like 2Gs, but didnt crankwalk as often. The 90-92 motors were the best available, and crankwalk the least. But its important to understand that they all can crankwalk if you give them a reason to, and that goes for many other engines too, not just 4g63s. See the "sticky" on crankwalk in the forum site in my sig, int he DSM section. I wrote everything I could think of about crankwlak in that thread already. Enjoy.

2) The 4g63 came in all 2 liter 1Gs, even the 2.0 non turbos, but it had weaker pistons and other typical NT stuff.. In the 2Gs, it only came in the turbo models, the GSX/GST and Talon TSIs. It was also in the Galant VR4 (91-92).

3) For used motors I try to buy from a local club DSM member so I Can see it firsthand before I buy. For built or rebuilt motors, I use www.slowboyracing.com. Hard to beat his prices, and the motors are already well proven on the street and track. There are other options though, like bushur, DSMotorpsorts, etc.
__________________
Kevin Jewer
RWD Talon - 7.92 at 180
Mightymax - 10.7 at 125
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Off-Topic


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:00 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts