|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
I'm having a problem with my 96 caprice. When I turn on the defroster, cool air comes out instead of hot air. It's warmer than when I turn the cold air on, but it's just barely warm enough to keep the front window defogged. I assume it has something to do with the fact that when I drive the car, the temperature needle only gets about a quarter of the way up instead of halfway up. I don't know if that is common with caprices or not because this is the first one I have ever owned. So far all I have done is replaced the thermostat with a 180 degree unit. That didn't help. Any advice would be really appreciated because it's starting to get cold here in Illinois.
|
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Your heater core is clogged. You are going to have to take the hoses of the engine that goes to your heater core, and shove a hose in there a blow it out. I had the same problem, I now have heat. It's common for the temp gauge to sit where yours it sitting. If you have any question, shoot me an e-mail.
__________________
Des Ft. Walton Beach, FL 96 LT1 Caprice Classic
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: need help! no heat!
Guess what I'm doing tomarrow????? Just quit on the wife!!!!!! Cold and Bitchy is not good!!!!
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|