-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Register FAQ Community
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-09-2001, 08:34 PM
ozxterra's Avatar
ozxterra ozxterra is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 410
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Green & Steam in BC

My X in BC. Thanks to Superjens for the pic!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg steam.jpg (29.5 KB, 650 views)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-09-2001, 08:53 PM
superjens's Avatar
superjens superjens is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 325
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Chad, that's your first post? I figured a network geek like yourself would have been here ages ago Nice to see ya here bud!
__________________
superjens.com
I like saying aboot.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-09-2001, 09:50 PM
scott.com scott.com is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 107
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
We don't like them those fish killers on this board .
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-09-2001, 10:01 PM
ozxterra's Avatar
ozxterra ozxterra is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 410
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Jens, I tend to like to watch

Youll find me on the Apple Discussion forums mostly....

My truck sure could use a dunking like that after the last trip!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-09-2001, 10:23 PM
rhombus's Avatar
rhombus rhombus is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 366
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool pic
__________________
rhombus
SOXC Member
http://www.soxc.org
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-10-2001, 11:46 AM
Schludwiller's Avatar
Schludwiller Schludwiller is offline
XTerra Guy
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 2,503
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
CB antenna mountint?

Oz did you mount your CB antenna to the plastic vent cover? How's that working for you?
__________________
Xterra4x4.com and the Xterra Offroad Webring
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-10-2001, 11:59 AM
ozxterra's Avatar
ozxterra ozxterra is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 410
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Its attached to one of the bolts in the hood half way down the hood. It works great except I had to pad the mount so it didnt rattle. I mounted it there 'coz I didnt have the ARB when I got the CB otherwise I would have put it on the bullbar.
It looks like its on the vent in the pic though....
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-13-2001, 07:33 PM
Aussie's Avatar
Aussie Aussie is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 62
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wow, another Aussie, I thought I was the only Aussie with an X.
I guess the standard questions are required, where are you from and how long have you been here?
I'm from Sydney/Canberra/Perth and have been here 3 and a half years.

Nice colour you picked.

I have my antenna in a similar spot.








Richard
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-13-2001, 07:49 PM
ozxterra's Avatar
ozxterra ozxterra is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 410
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nice install! Mine is a little further forward mounted to a braket that goes under the hood.
Im from Perth but have been in the US for most of the last 10 years (Texas and Washington).
My brother was in Florida and has an X but its a two wheel drive (I gave him a lot of crap...)

I thought Green was the best colour for the '00 X and it looks good in the bush. Youve got a nice Rig! Are you running Lockers??


Cheers!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-13-2001, 07:58 PM
Aussie's Avatar
Aussie Aussie is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 62
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
No. That will probably be the next mod. I already have an air compressor mounted and lockers are really useful in the sand and we have lots of sand.

Richard
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-13-2001, 08:06 PM
ozxterra's Avatar
ozxterra ozxterra is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 410
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have Calmini Sway Bar disconnects on order and their Rock Sliders as well as some skid plates. I just had to replace a windshield and rear wheel flaring but thats another story....

I like your front skid plate - who made it??


Im checking on ARB Lockers from a dealer near Seattle and should have 'em in for PNWX's run to Moab in April... should be sweet. We get a lot of snow, mud and other crap. You can see me wallowing at www.superjens.com. The steep cliffs and mountain sides are a real incentive to get good traction as Superjens and Scott.com will attest. I love my winch!


Cheers


Chad
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-13-2001, 08:28 PM
Aussie's Avatar
Aussie Aussie is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 62
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The Skid plate is from Keith Fritts (972) 475 3027 in Texas, one of Carlton's friends. I believe they are around $80 now but I could be wrong.

Nice photos, I really miss the mountains and rocks. Florida is one big flat sand pit.

My sliders are EOE and I have not used my winch too much. It is usually much easier to use a snatch strap here in the sand.

Some photos on www.rkrenn.com in the Xcursions, the site is still not finished yet, maybe in about 10 years.

So you are a network geek, what do you do? I'm a LAN admin for Merrill Lynch.

Richard
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-13-2001, 08:35 PM
ozxterra's Avatar
ozxterra ozxterra is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 410
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool. I run "Wedgetail Consulting Inc" in Seattle. Basically it is my own small business that consults and does onsite work for corporations/schools and various users. Mostly Apple oriented but I work with Windoze too especially in cross-platform environements.


Its a good life in a beautiful place:bandit:
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-13-2001, 08:41 PM
Schludwiller's Avatar
Schludwiller Schludwiller is offline
XTerra Guy
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 2,503
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up CB antenna mount

Thanks for the pics. That would be a good addition to the mods or CB section if you feel like re-posting it there.
__________________
Xterra4x4.com and the Xterra Offroad Webring
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-09-2002, 12:36 PM
Sham365
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
pretty cool

thats a pretty nice pic.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts