-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Nissan > Primera | G20 > Engine
Register FAQ Community
Engine intakes, exhaust, turbos, nitrous.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11-29-2001, 06:50 PM
kris's Avatar
kris kris is offline
Off playing with fire.
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 10,371
Thanks: 22
Thanked 20 Times in 16 Posts
Fu¿k the snow (need help also)

I dont know how many venture out of the g20 forum, but here is my story, and my question at the bottom of the page,

Damn, I hate shitty snow covered roads. I also hate this lovely city for not keeping the roads clear better. We are getting dumped on, and the roads pretty much suck. Anyways, I was driving down the road, going about 20mph, when I hit a big strip of packed snow and ice. Well, my tires kind of decided they wanted to do their own thing. SO I let off the gas, and start coasting, hoping that my tires would grip again. Nope, they didnt. I slammed right into a nice big snow drift. Next thing I hear is clack clack clack. I was like wtf. So I shut down my car, and pop the hood. So much snow had been pushed up into my engin bay, that it shredded all my belts. So, I now have no power steering, no alternator, no nothing that is ran by belts. Luckily, someone stopped to pull me out of the bank. Then, on my way home, trying to get into my driveway was a joke. I am sitting at the end of my driveway, since my landlord does not believe in plowing either.


With that out of the way. Can anyone tell me how easy it is to install new belts? All of them are torn apart, and are no longer there. Is it something as easy as loosening up a pully, and sliding on the new belts? Or does some major shit need to be done?

Thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-29-2001, 07:13 PM
Atdogg77 Atdogg77 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 15
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
where do you live?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-29-2001, 07:15 PM
kris's Avatar
kris kris is offline
Off playing with fire.
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 10,371
Thanks: 22
Thanked 20 Times in 16 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Atdogg77
where do you live?

Utah
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-29-2001, 08:01 PM
2002G20Racer's Avatar
2002G20Racer 2002G20Racer is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 427
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Does count as another AF curse hit?
__________________


Anyone who tells you money is the root of all evil, doesnt f#!@ing have any.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-29-2001, 11:10 PM
hybridamp's Avatar
hybridamp hybridamp is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 154
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
AF curse?
__________________
.......::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::......
"If it sounds too good to be true, then it's probably SynthetiK"
PRESIDENT - Car Audio Team SynthetiK
http://www.teamsynthetik.com
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-29-2001, 11:12 PM
Jay! Jay! is offline
Horizontally Opposed
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 16,856
Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
Quote:
Originally posted by hybridamp
AF curse?
You will be HORRIFIED. :cry:
__________________
Hierarchy of Subaru:
Brat > Coupes > Wagons > Sedans > Baja
(Click to see mine!)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-30-2001, 12:29 AM
frogg's Avatar
frogg frogg is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 638
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to frogg
Ahh, good ol' mormon town (actually not good, I hate that place).
Anyways, I dont think the belts are very hard to replace, but may be, since it seems everything is packed into the g20 engine comparrment.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-30-2001, 07:57 AM
G-Forces's Avatar
G-Forces G-Forces is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 2,770
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Replacing belts is not as easy as you think but it can be done with a little paitence.

Kris you have an FSM no? You'll see the alternator and the powersteering pully are attached to these brackets that have this bolt used for tightening. You'll need to turn those to get the belts loose.

However the brackets swivel on a bolt that may or may not be tightened. The alternator swivel bolt is easy to see but the PS bracket bolt is a little harder to get too and you'll need to get under the car to get too it. It's also pretty hard to find if you don't know where it is. Sorry I can't help you further but I can answer any questions you might have.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-30-2001, 07:41 PM
kris's Avatar
kris kris is offline
Off playing with fire.
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 10,371
Thanks: 22
Thanked 20 Times in 16 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by G-Forces
Replacing belts is not as easy as you think but it can be done with a little paitence.

Kris you have an FSM no? You'll see the alternator and the powersteering pully are attached to these brackets that have this bolt used for tightening. You'll need to turn those to get the belts loose.

However the brackets swivel on a bolt that may or may not be tightened. The alternator swivel bolt is easy to see but the PS bracket bolt is a little harder to get too and you'll need to get under the car to get too it. It's also pretty hard to find if you don't know where it is. Sorry I can't help you further but I can answer any questions you might have.
hey thanks, that helped enough for me to know where to look. I finished the job in only 3 hours.

That is something that is best done if you are doing a swap.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-30-2001, 10:49 PM
G-Forces's Avatar
G-Forces G-Forces is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 2,770
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
No problem. At least I could be some help. You'll be able to do it faster next time.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Nissan > Primera | G20 > Engine


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:33 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts