|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
|||||||
| COMPLETELY off-topic Talk about anything other than cars. But you can't be mad and angry in this forum! |
| View Poll Results: What magazine | |||
| Car and Driver |
|
4 | 26.67% |
| Motor Trend |
|
3 | 20.00% |
| Road & Track |
|
2 | 13.33% |
| Other |
|
6 | 40.00% |
| Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll | |||
![]() |
Show Printable Version |
Subscribe to this Thread
|
|
|
Thread Tools |
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
What magazine...?
I can't make up my mind on which magazine I should subscribe. So I would like your opinions on what one you think and why I should choose it. I really don't want to spend anymore than $15. $20 max.
|
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
I like Car & Driver, but mostly just for the editorials by John Phillips, because it seems as though they get paid off when rating cars (even so entertaining to read)
Motor Trend has gone "blah" in recent years and is boring now. R&T is still good though, prehaps not as enteraining to read as Car and Driver, but still a good magazine.
__________________
![]() Support America's dependence on foreign oil - drive an SUV! "At Ford, job number one is quality. Job number two is making your car explode." - Norm McDonald. If you find my signature offensive - feel free to get a sense of humor. |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Same rag, different prices. I'd go with motor-trend. Seeing as how alot of they baby the cars during the road tests...you don't get the entire numbers. When they test thier 1/4 mile times, they carry 30LBS of testing equipment and most times they launch from idle
SportCompactCar is the best mag out there. You see the same type of news and concept car pictures in there but thier cr testing procedure is VERY interesting. Although Motor Trend includes those really cool 2 page car spec sheets which explain ALO, SCC. The magazines you listed are from the view-point of the everyday non-racing person, altough the editors themselves are racers, or so I've been told. SCC is the viewpoint of a racer, you won't really see anything about gs milege, becasue when you race a car, you should'nt usually care abot gas milege but rather performance , which SCC covers.' The mags you listed cover everything from SUV's to minivans and andything in betwen. SCC covers pretty much every sport compact or sports car that comes out regardles of which country it's made in. The mags you listed have a VERY big advantage over SCC though, they cover some of the high-dollar sports cars that SCC can't seem to get a hold of, and that's pretty much what makes your mags better than SCC. ***All of this is my opinion of course. But you already knew that did'nt you?My point is, whenever someone says something like "this mag is better than this", it's THIER opinon because he/she is saying it, so technically...it can't be an ignorant comment. An ignoratn comment would be somehting like "of course a geo could beat a vette, the geo is lighter", You see my point?*** |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Personally I read alot of Import Tuner and Sport Compact Car. I like the editorials and humor in Import Tuner that comes hand in hand with the factual information and specs. I'm also a big import fan.... meh whatever you want.
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
|
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
car and driver rules
|
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Motor Trend
Simply because I found that it was better at describing certain aspects of cars like the feel and power, and none of them are really bad you can get any one and be happy with it. |
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
|
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
None of the above
__________________
Resistance Is Futile (If < 1ohm) |
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
|
|
#11
|
||||
|
||||
|
Who reads "Grassroots motorsports"??? It's a rice-free, PURE racing magaine. Pick one up and you'll see what I mean.
|
|
#12
|
||||
|
||||
|
i like sport compact car the most....they have a lot of how to's and technical details.....and they know what they are talking about
__________________
![]() (\__/) (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination |
|
#13
|
||||
|
||||
|
I like to read Sport Compact Car and sometimes Car & Driver and Road & Track. I don't like Motor Trend.
|
|
#14
|
||||
|
||||
|
if your going to get a magazine subscription go on ebay... thats where I get mine... And yes they actually come.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=29254 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=29254 |
|
#15
|
||||
|
||||
|
Car and Driver if you really want to learn something about all cars. Sport Compact Car is better than Super Street in that it's not just pure entertainment. I subscribe to both Super Street and Sport Compact Car and occasionally buy Car and Driver if there's something I car to know in it.
Import Tuner...very good. Either the magizine is hot one month or it sucks. My 2cents
__________________
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|