-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Sketching and Drawing
Register FAQ Community
Sketching and Drawing Sketchers and drawers in the house?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-02-2003, 05:41 PM
ETW 355 ETW 355 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 105
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to ETW 355
Ferrari 360 Spider drawing + MANY more

Hello every one. Im only 12 years old and I am really into drawing cars. This is a 360 spider I did in like 40 minutes with 1 2B pencil. I need to get my scanner working because my camera kind of messed it up. It looks MUCH better in person. The lightly shaded areas didnt really show up in the picture and it looks kind of bad... Oh well, here is a pic if it works:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 360 sketch.jpg (35.6 KB, 183 views)

Last edited by ETW 355; 08-03-2003 at 11:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-02-2003, 05:45 PM
Sean Sean is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,622
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
nice! you're a much better artist than i am, all my drawings suck
__________________
--------------------------------------------------- My signature line.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-02-2003, 06:17 PM
ETW 355 ETW 355 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 105
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to ETW 355
Thanks so much, comments mean alot to me. Im sure your not bad at all, just keep practicing. My first car picture looked like a cow. Heres a 69 Mustang Mach 1:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mustang drawing.jpg (27.2 KB, 143 views)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-02-2003, 06:19 PM
ETW 355 ETW 355 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 105
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to ETW 355
None of these pictures are coming out very good because of my camera Ferrari 355:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 355 drawing.jpg (23.4 KB, 140 views)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-02-2003, 10:53 PM
streetrcr45's Avatar
streetrcr45 streetrcr45 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 635
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
im afraid to see what ur drawings will be like when ur 16...that is if u are still drawing then...those are really pimp... i wish i could draw..lol
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-03-2003, 06:30 AM
LayDee's Avatar
LayDee LayDee is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 43
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by streetrcr45
im afraid to see what ur drawings will be like when ur 16...that is if u are still drawing then...those are really pimp... i wish i could draw..lol
Word.
I feel stupid lol
Great work, keep it up!
__________________
$ k a N d A L o uZ
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-03-2003, 07:46 AM
asaenz's Avatar
asaenz asaenz is offline
Sketch Guy
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,714
Thanks: 11
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Hello ETW355,

You are a very good drawer w/ some developement you will be awesome.

I personally think you need to add some shading to your cars.
The Modena is tight, The only thing I see is the front fender needs to have a more uniform flow (not so choppy) and the rear tire/rim needs to fill up the wheel well a bit more or perhaps draw the wheel/tire closer to the top of the fender well so there is not so much gap.

Very good. Awesome for being only 12 yrs old.

Check out some books from your library that cover pencil shading and drawing.

The main tools used are stumps and tortillions they are cheap and can be bought from any art store. Please check out my tutorial it is not the best but can get you started on shading if you won't to do that.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t104303.html
There are a few pics so give it time to load.

Take care
al
__________________
AutoArtShop.com
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-03-2003, 05:02 PM
ETW 355 ETW 355 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 105
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to ETW 355
Alright, thanks every one. I'll keep practicing and I'll look for some books maybe. Thanks for the reply asaenz, I never thought you would reply, your my hero Ill pick up some stumps and stuff too...
Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-03-2003, 06:48 PM
EMAXX's Avatar
EMAXX EMAXX is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,675
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to EMAXX Send a message via MSN to EMAXX
Dang your good. Where did you learn to draw like that? I'm only 13 and I wish that I could draw that good. I can only draw cars from the side. Your younger than me and your drawing cars at 3/4 and from the front and the rear and they look really nice.


Also, how are you only 12 and have a Lexus SC430?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-03-2003, 07:05 PM
jordanmc2399's Avatar
jordanmc2399 jordanmc2399 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 413
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
it doesnt mean he has a lexus sc 430, its prolly just a car he likes
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-03-2003, 07:59 PM
ETW 355 ETW 355 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 105
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to ETW 355
I actually mean like, my dad has an SC430, so its like , ours... Yup. I just practice drawing alot, a while ago I could only draw cars from the front, I just eventually taught myself to draw from all angles.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-03-2003, 08:07 PM
knoxciso knoxciso is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 148
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to knoxciso
nice job
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-03-2003, 11:54 PM
ETW 355 ETW 355 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 105
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to ETW 355
Here is a Diablo I just drew. I shaded everything in really dark but the camera makes it look so light... Grrrrrr... In person, it looks like my best picture yet. Im about to do the front view of it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg diablo back.jpg (39.7 KB, 105 views)
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-04-2003, 01:01 AM
ETW 355 ETW 355 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 105
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to ETW 355
Heres the front view of the Diablo. Im not very proud of this one because I really messed it up when I went over the hood and next to the hood with an eraser to make it look smoother. Ill draw it again once I go get some supplies
Attached Images
File Type: jpg diablo front2.jpg (18.8 KB, 97 views)
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-04-2003, 08:11 AM
Jonno's Avatar
Jonno Jonno is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,955
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Jonno
Nice drawings.

BTW: You need to be atleast 13 to join AF.
__________________


-Holden Berlina Turbo, RB30ET.
-Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Sketching and Drawing


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:34 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts