-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-31-2003, 02:57 PM
SnowSerpent SnowSerpent is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to SnowSerpent
Revell Civic Hatchback Tips

Hello Everyone:

I've search, but didn't come up with anything. Also I've read the FAQ. I'm just wondering if anyone who's built the model has any tips. In the tips P-Man say sand the body is that necessary with the Civic HB? I want to built the Civic with a Engine Swap would I have to buy another kit for the Engine Swap? Any advice would be helpful.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-31-2003, 03:18 PM
CamaroSSBoy346's Avatar
CamaroSSBoy346 CamaroSSBoy346 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 3,661
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to CamaroSSBoy346
what kinda engine swap? An integra type r swap? Both the engines are identica to the naked eye. But in reality, the ITR engine is a 1.8L and the civic is a 1.6. As for tips, all i can say is, let the paint settle before you try and put the windows in, as the triangular back/side windows will scuff the paint on the window sill. And make sure the bumper is glued on before you put the chassis and interior in the body. The back bumper tends to go crooked badly if not glued or settled.
__________________
2002 F150 SuperCab FX4 6" Fabtech, 3" BL, Detroit locker, Edge tuned, Yukon 4.56s, 37" Nittos, Harley lights, Depo fogs, 8K HIDs, Powerstop brakes
1992 Lincoln Mark VII LSC 302 H.O, A9L ECU swap, 65mm TB, 73mm Granetelli MAF, FRPP 30lb injectors, Walbro 255, MSD ignition, Powerdyne BD11 supercharger, Efans, T-5 swap w/ FRPP flywheel, Ram HDX clutch and adjustable Steeda clutch quadrant, 4.10 gears, Nitto NT555R radials
2000 OBS Tahoe Z71 6k HIDs, 33" Goodyears. 280k mile daily beater
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-31-2003, 03:28 PM
SnowSerpent SnowSerpent is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to SnowSerpent
I want to swap in a Integra engine or a Civic Type R engine. Thanks for the reply.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-31-2003, 04:15 PM
primera man's Avatar
primera man primera man is offline
"P-Man"
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 15,179
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Send a message via AIM to primera man
Re: Revell Civic Hatchback Tips

Quote:
Originally posted by SnowSerpent
Hello Everyone:

I've search, but didn't come up with anything. Also I've read the FAQ. I'm just wondering if anyone who's built the model has any tips. In the tips P-Man say sand the body is that necessary with the Civic HB? I want to built the Civic with a Engine Swap would I have to buy another kit for the Engine Swap? Any advice would be helpful.
Sanding the body removes any mold lines etc and can also really help make the primer "stick" when sprayed on.
__________________

Current Build.....1/12 Scale Camaro......Almost finished!!!

View All My Models Here.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:13 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts