-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Locations (USA, Canada, Asia, etc...) > California
Register FAQ Community
California California regional information. Events, Shows, Ect...
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-28-2003, 09:29 PM
CivicLx CivicLx is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,308
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Joined A Crew Finally

Hope you guys don't think this is a dumb post...Just kind of excited that I finally did. I had been thinking that joining a crew would be the next best move for me.
The way it came about was that this guy saw my car on teammeguiars.com and hit me up about getting a civic for his crew. Well he was already part of a pretty well-known NoCal crew so I figured they'd have tons of nice civics. Well I guess the guy dropped out of the club and wanted to start his own.
We had our first team meet last Saturday in San Mateo. I actually didn't think I'd end up joining, but everyone just was hella cool so it worked. There's probably gonna be about a dozen of us...and you know alot of crews start out as friends first, not the case with us, but I have a pretty good feeling about this.
For right now we're just gonna concentrate on being a full show crew, and then later on maybe establish a racing division.

Okay, enough...just thought I'd share because I'm pretty excited about it. If you guys wanna post your own car crew experiences, feel free to post them here
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-28-2003, 11:34 PM
TheNotoriousMogg's Avatar
TheNotoriousMogg TheNotoriousMogg is offline
AF's #1 Bad Guy
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 4,371
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to TheNotoriousMogg Send a message via Yahoo to TheNotoriousMogg
cool Mike, thats nice to hear man...your car is a hella show car....any word on when it will be done? any new pics?
__________________
Darrell

thegrumpysergeant.net
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-28-2003, 11:46 PM
Melt's Avatar
Melt Melt is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 7,408
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Melt
thats tight ... hopefully your crew stays coo with each other and isnt one of those crews that always has internal drama or starts shit with other crews
__________________
AF Bay Area Crew
97 Toyota T100 xcab 3.4l v6 5spd 2wd
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-29-2003, 12:23 AM
CivicLx CivicLx is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,308
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
that's the main thing...just don't want drama...but I dunno...I guess we'll just see how things go...it's just so cool to find a place...being that I'm obsessed with the show scene, it's hard to relate to people that wanna do other stuff.

Last edited by CivicLx; 06-29-2003 at 01:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-29-2003, 12:40 AM
whiteracer whiteracer is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 853
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to whiteracer Send a message via Yahoo to whiteracer
is that?....no it can't be....a monitor at the front of the engine bay?
__________________
Name's David.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-29-2003, 12:44 AM
CivicLx CivicLx is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,308
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
why what's up dude? I swear to God...if you say that's rice...

Naw, I'm sure ALOT of people would say that's rice, but you know...if it gets you points at the show and you can afford it, then hey...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-29-2003, 12:56 AM
whiteracer whiteracer is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 853
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to whiteracer Send a message via Yahoo to whiteracer
no i like it. I love it. At the L.A. Auto show (only show i've been to) i saw monitors everywhere (inspiration for my car) except the engine bay. Never thought it was an option. Yeah like in the trunk or engine bay is obviously just to get those extra points which i think are worth it. I just couldn't believe what i was seeing.
__________________
Name's David.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-29-2003, 01:03 AM
CivicLx CivicLx is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,308
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
that's cool man
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-29-2003, 01:00 PM
Melt's Avatar
Melt Melt is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 7,408
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Melt
man I really liked your car when I saw it in person back at HIN in san mateo ... only later did i realise I had seen you on af
__________________
AF Bay Area Crew
97 Toyota T100 xcab 3.4l v6 5spd 2wd
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-29-2003, 05:51 PM
CivicLx CivicLx is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,308
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
that was you Melt? I think it was the August IREV last year right. I remember someone saw my car in the parking lot, but I forgot that it was you. Man I have to get the new pics up. The car is lookin hella sick right now...well from a certain angle...up close straight on and down slightly on the hood...I'll have to post them.

We're having our second meet two weeks from today at the same park in San Mateo. Like I said, it's just hella cool to be in a crew where everyone is concentrating on show
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-29-2003, 06:33 PM
Frostbyte Frostbyte is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 2,678
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to Frostbyte
Re: Joined A Crew Finally

Quote:
Originally posted by CivicLx
Hope you guys don't think this is a dumb post...Just kind of excited that I finally did. I had been thinking that joining a crew would be the next best move for me.
The way it came about was that this guy saw my car on teammeguiars.com and hit me up about getting a civic for his crew. Well he was already part of a pretty well-known NoCal crew so I figured they'd have tons of nice civics. Well I guess the guy dropped out of the club and wanted to start his own.
We had our first team meet last Saturday in San Mateo. I actually didn't think I'd end up joining, but everyone just was hella cool so it worked. There's probably gonna be about a dozen of us...and you know alot of crews start out as friends first, not the case with us, but I have a pretty good feeling about this.
For right now we're just gonna concentrate on being a full show crew, and then later on maybe establish a racing division.

Okay, enough...just thought I'd share because I'm pretty excited about it. If you guys wanna post your own car crew experiences, feel free to post them here

Awesome let me know when they start a race division. Mayhem is thinking about doing some crew battles sometime in the future.
__________________
1989 s13 Fastback
Tein HE coil-overs
sr20det swapped!
JIC Magic Front and Rear Strut Bars
Slotted and Cross-drilled Rotors
S/S Brake Lines
Pivot Lazy eye controller
Blitz LM Intake
Blitz D1 Spec Turbo Timer
Soon to come:
Sard 550cc Injectors
Blitz Nur Spec Exhaust
Blitz Down pipe
HKS FMIC
http://www.driftmonkey.com (Part Owner)
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-29-2003, 08:24 PM
Melt's Avatar
Melt Melt is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 7,408
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Melt
Quote:
Originally posted by CivicLx
We're having our second meet two weeks from today at the same park in San Mateo. Like I said, it's just hella cool to be in a crew where everyone is concentrating on show
be nice to show up but ill be out at downieville riding the mountain bike.

Im goin to LSHYBRIDCIVIC's show in reno on the 20th though ... check the pacific reigional forum on superhonda for more info.
__________________
AF Bay Area Crew
97 Toyota T100 xcab 3.4l v6 5spd 2wd
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-29-2003, 08:29 PM
Jetts's Avatar
Jetts Jetts is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 4,566
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jetts
nice man, dont get into to drama with crews all the crews i knew split up and formed new crews and just started a shit load of drama with eachother it is stupid

did you ever do those conversions??
post some recent pics of the ride man
__________________
BRET


11/07/87 - 11/11/04
*** KEITH VALLEE***
R.I.P
Keith. higher then any mother fucker out there..... R.I.P homie..
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-30-2003, 03:13 AM
TheNotoriousMogg's Avatar
TheNotoriousMogg TheNotoriousMogg is offline
AF's #1 Bad Guy
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 4,371
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to TheNotoriousMogg Send a message via Yahoo to TheNotoriousMogg
its in the shop still bret...


and mike man when it gonna be done bro?
__________________
Darrell

thegrumpysergeant.net
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-30-2003, 03:16 AM
Jetts's Avatar
Jetts Jetts is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 4,566
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jetts
Quote:
Originally posted by TheNotoriousMogg
its in the shop still bret...


and mike man when it gonna be done bro?
thx habib
__________________
BRET


11/07/87 - 11/11/04
*** KEITH VALLEE***
R.I.P
Keith. higher then any mother fucker out there..... R.I.P homie..
Reply With Quote
 
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FOR SALE 1991 Crew Cab The cab scarycary Cars/Parts for Sale/Exchange 0 06-24-2010 10:50 AM
I wanna join the crew rice_rocketeer Sketching and Drawing 21 06-06-2003 06:37 AM
Almost joined the wrecking crew jeef '88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee 13 05-11-2003 11:04 PM
Join the AF cat crew! taranaki COMPLETELY off-topic 23 06-14-2002 06:40 AM
Care to join the senior members crew? taranaki COMPLETELY off-topic 79 02-05-2002 08:54 PM

Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Locations (USA, Canada, Asia, etc...) > California


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:30 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts