-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '92-'95 Civic | EL | Civic Hybrid | Civic GX NGV
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-24-2003, 03:28 PM
Egg_Shen's Avatar
Egg_Shen Egg_Shen is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 87
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
head gasket

95 Civic DX
I'm getting my car fixed, it has a blown head gasket. Is this a common thing? and what would cause it? If found out about it cause the car would overheat....
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-24-2003, 04:36 PM
sparq's Avatar
sparq sparq is offline
AF Premium User
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 9,829
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to sparq
Headgasket sucks - get ready to spend a ton of money on it for a cheap ass part!
__________________
AF's Official Asshole




RIP AUNIE
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-24-2003, 05:27 PM
Egg_Shen's Avatar
Egg_Shen Egg_Shen is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 87
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
NOOOOOOoooeeessss!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-24-2003, 07:32 PM
sparq's Avatar
sparq sparq is offline
AF Premium User
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 9,829
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to sparq
YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEaaaaaaaasssssssss!
__________________
AF's Official Asshole




RIP AUNIE
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-25-2003, 12:14 AM
Egg_Shen's Avatar
Egg_Shen Egg_Shen is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 87
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
what would blow it? I kinda wanna prevent it in the future if I can.

I drive miss Daisy so I don't punch the car very much
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-25-2003, 12:18 AM
Miataracer's Avatar
Miataracer Miataracer is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,826
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Miataracer Send a message via Yahoo to Miataracer
a lot of things could cause it... most likely you had a sever overheat sometime shortly before it blew. if thats the case the head could have warped slightly
__________________


LS1 RX-7 Zoom Zoom
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-25-2003, 11:23 PM
michaelsd16c michaelsd16c is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 269
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
so If you have a overheationg problem yer saying thats it's a blown head? Well my car has been overheating for a while but it only happens when i stop at a light or stop sign. But once I start moving the overheating stops and go's to normal. And yes I check and replaced the thermostat,fan switch and coolant temp switch. But for some reason my fan won't kick in till
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-25-2003, 11:29 PM
michaelsd16c michaelsd16c is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 269
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sorry.
my fan won't kick in till 215f and that's overheating. I check the fan switch to see if it was working and it turn on when I bypass it. Oh I have a C&R alum radiator. Do you think that it can be the water pump. As for the vacum press it read 21psi and the helms says thats fine. The bottom line is that I think I have poor circulation of coolant because the resirve tank gose full of coolant. never go's back down to level of max. also it never overflows.I use 50/50.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-26-2003, 12:02 PM
Egg_Shen's Avatar
Egg_Shen Egg_Shen is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 87
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
update!!


gasket was warped and had to be fixed 1000$

but it was under extended warrenty 200$ no tax

the timing belt had to be done too cause I'm 143k and it should be done at 100k so that is 144$

so 344 instead of 1144$

good thing I got warrenty, it's almost paid for itself.

anyone have good warrenty stories?
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '92-'95 Civic | EL | Civic Hybrid | Civic GX NGV


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts