-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Car Buying Q&A
Register FAQ Community
Car Buying Q&A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-12-2014, 08:47 PM
Alex782 Alex782 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
First car buy help..

Hey i'm getting my first car soon and I am really liking the Saturn Ion Coupes, but after reading up on them they don't seem that reliable. So my question is if I get the Ion would I be spending more time fixing it rather than driving it?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-08-2015, 11:04 PM
Oldbearcat Oldbearcat is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 50
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Re: First car buy help..

I assume you know that Saturn is out of business. My concern with a used Saturn would be parts availability going forward, and, rapid depreciation because the car is now an "orphan".

Regards:
Oldebearcat
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-23-2015, 02:31 PM
Ninersfan415 Ninersfan415 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: First car buy help..

Alex I tend to agree with Oldbearcat on this one. You should buy a car that you trust and won't be a pain to take in to the shop. I'd suggest something more common and readily available. If you're looking to go for a used car I suggest going through a company called Instamotor. Instamotor is free to use and their process alleviates so much of the stress of buying a used car. I was able to connect with legit sellers avoiding the usual Craigslist scams and insane dealer ship up charge. They put all their cars through a multi-point mechanical inspection, gave me a free carfax, and handled the DMV transfer paperwork. They even found me a cheaper insurance premium and a financing plan that worked with my budget. I had a great experience with them and was very impressed with the service I received. Check out their website here http://bit.ly/1hGs8R9
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Car Buying Q&A


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:09 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts