-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Dodge > Stratus
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-22-2013, 07:12 PM
thad2412 thad2412 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2004 dodge startus stopped working while driving

So today I woke up, drove to work and on my way home about 13 miles already driven I stopped at a light made a left up a hill and it completely stopped and had no more power to the engine. All the lights came on and my power steering and brakes locked up. So I got it into a parking lot and got a gallon of gas and oil just to be safe but it was neither. The lights radio locks and everything still turn on, but when I try to crank it on, it just makes the noise like it will try to turn over but wont. Also when I turn the ignition it sounds like it will crank butwont so I know Is not the battery because Iits not clicking when I turn the key.....not sure whats going on and I limited with car knowledge so any advice would help.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-05-2014, 05:37 PM
rhandwor rhandwor is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,662
Thanks: 0
Thanked 64 Times in 64 Posts
Re: 2004 dodge startus stopped working while driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by thad2412 View Post
So today I woke up, drove to work and on my way home about 13 miles already driven I stopped at a light made a left up a hill and it completely stopped and had no more power to the engine. All the lights came on and my power steering and brakes locked up. So I got it into a parking lot and got a gallon of gas and oil just to be safe but it was neither. The lights radio locks and everything still turn on, but when I try to crank it on, it just makes the noise like it will try to turn over but wont. Also when I turn the ignition it sounds like it will crank butwont so I know Is not the battery because Iits not clicking when I turn the key.....not sure whats going on and I limited with car knowledge so any advice would help.
I would try to get someone to check the battery. If voltage is satisfactory I would use a socket and a ratchet and make sure the engine will turn over. If it turns over and voltage is satisfactory clean the battery terminals.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-17-2014, 05:43 AM
spike1269 spike1269 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 39
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 2004 dodge startus stopped working while driving

Man, I hate to say it, but I would definitely try the second one and try turning the motor over.. It sounds like the same thing that happened to me. If you have a scanner it will throw the code of the cam position sensor, ... It sounds like you snapped your timing belt ..I hope not, but hope this helps.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Dodge > Stratus


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:53 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts