-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Nissan > Skyline | Skyline GT-R | Stagea | Laurel > Performance
Register FAQ Community
Performance Discussion about performance modifications and issues.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11-12-2001, 07:40 PM
Doctor Doctor is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 80
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Alcohol/water injection

Hello people,

I have posted this before but didn't get a reply. I was just needing help with what types of alcohol you can inject into your airstream.

I am in the finals stage of my little injection project, but I have had a hard time getting methanol, ethanol, isopropyl etc but I read on a methylated spirits container that it contains 95% ethanol. Is it OK to use?

Thanks heaps
Doc:smoker2:
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-12-2001, 08:34 PM
Beth Beth is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey Doc,
I know that you can get ethanol and maybe others also at the pharmacy. Pharmacies stock raw ingredients out the back of the dispensory...if you ask the pharmacist for it...they may sell you a small bottle...worth a try i think. I have bought pure ethanol from them before.
:smoker:
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-12-2001, 08:43 PM
Doctor Doctor is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 80
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yeah I have tried a couple of small pharmacies, they do stock it but only in minute amounts, I'll try some other places. It's so funny when they ask what its for, they laugh for about 2.5 hours. The pharmicist told me about methylated spirits and he was right 95% ethanol, but I have heard of problems with hydro lock and stuff whilst using it.

Thanks,
Doc
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-12-2001, 09:25 PM
Slip Slip is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 102
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to Slip Send a message via Yahoo to Slip
Try near drag racing complexes. Apparently at a Service station (gas station for the americans) just up the road from the drag strip they have C16 Race fuel and Methanol at the bowswer (pump)!!!!!!!!

Call some drag racing types, they will know where to get methanol.
__________________
Go Hard, Go Sick
'89 R31
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-12-2001, 11:16 PM
zapf zapf is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 98
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yea... go visit your local petro chemical depot. They'll surely have all the things you need.

Zapf
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-13-2001, 07:05 PM
Doctor Doctor is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 80
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks heaps for your help everyone.

Regards,
Doc
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-14-2002, 10:38 AM
BBD BBD is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 100
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to BBD
guys how about you changing the ethanol to N2O ??? its just an idea ,,, it would cool down your intercooler and well, u imagine the rest.

I live in a Very HOT HUMID place and I was intrestead in a water injection ,, but I backed off for some reason maybe I dont understand the idea that well... I still think N2O would do the trick as well
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-14-2002, 07:54 PM
Doctor Doctor is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 80
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nos is illegal where I live, so I make other alternatives instead. If it where legal, I would have it running 24/7.

Ben
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-14-2002, 08:14 PM
GTS-4 Ben's Avatar
GTS-4 Ben GTS-4 Ben is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 427
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to GTS-4 Ben
the methanol is needed, water can do the trick, but you will see bigger gains with the alchohol/methanol.

THere is a garage station here in ChCh that sells methanol.. you must be able to get it.

Ben
__________________
SDU Southland Moderator
Reply With Quote
 
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Experence with alcohol/water injection kachok25 Impreza/9-2x/Outback Sport 5 12-28-2005 07:39 PM
A3 Water Injection with Neuspeed SC ( Video ) f1racer General Discussion 0 06-16-2003 10:22 PM
At what stage would Water Injection be appropriate?? P11GT Engine 19 03-09-2002 12:56 PM
With falling octane ratings is water injection the obvious solution? GoodJuan General 7 11-26-2001 01:17 PM
Water Injection P11GT General 9 09-08-2001 06:12 PM

Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Nissan > Skyline | Skyline GT-R | Stagea | Laurel > Performance


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts