-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Nissan > Skyline | Skyline GT-R | Stagea | Laurel > Events, Meetings, Cruises
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11-10-2001, 11:30 PM
^GaLRaCa^ ^GaLRaCa^ is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 22
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to ^GaLRaCa^
Ohakia Speed Trials

Just a reminder to those who are coming down to Ohakia:

Kenny, Hayden, Tim, Jon, Greg, Felix and myself. We will be meeting up at the BP just after Papakura (Solar Powered) at 1pm on Friday 16 November. We will be staying in Palmerston North on Friday night (Cheap place!) and possibly coming hom on Saturday afternoon after the racing. If anyone else is coming down and hasnt let me know then we will see you there!

Those who are keen to come down (7 hours)! and watch and support those racing but dont want to take their cars, please email me as soon as possible, as at this stage there are approx 6 seats spare in three cars!
[email protected]

Those who are coming to spectate perhaps from Wellington and have not let me know, I need to know Rego's of the cars coming in as only a certain number will be allowed on the base. Please email me ASAP!


Thanks!!
__________________
Debbie Jones
Auckland Events Co-Ordinator
SDU
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-11-2001, 01:57 PM
mrmeal mrmeal is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 24
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hey guys, I'm taking my car down at this stage with Tim riding shotgun. At this stage I may have a rear seat passenger, which I probably only want one of so they have some sort of room, if any :-)

Besides, my exhaust can be a tad on the drony side, so 7 hours sitting directly above my exhaust might scar you for life! I'm thinking I might pop down to protector safety and pick up some ear muffs for the journey.....
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-12-2001, 07:01 AM
zapf zapf is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 98
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just some update, I might be on a seprate plan and leave later on Friday and be staying in Taupo for Friday night. After the Speed Trial I'll be heading down to Wellington for a exciting evening out to the Clubs. Staying Sat night and possibly spending Sunday in Wellington. And cruise back on Sunday night or Monday.

I am basiclly making a trip out of this event. Will be interested to know who will be keen to party Sat night at Wellington. send me a PM.

Cheers
Zapf
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-14-2001, 03:37 AM
V8eta V8eta is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
time

What time is everyone else from wellington leaving?
Meet at plimmerton as usual?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-15-2001, 08:18 AM
zapf zapf is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 98
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ahhhhhh F@$%#@ My wastegate is not working! I can't hold even 0.6 bar boost !~ If I can't get this fixed tomorrow I don't think I'll be heading down...

Dammit!

Zapf
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-15-2001, 04:31 PM
Dak Dak is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 33
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just got an E-Mail through confirming it is going ahead for Saturday, not a good idea in my books, the weather here is absolute crap and doesn't look like improving till Sunday.
__________________
Cheers, Dak.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-15-2001, 06:03 PM
GodzJr GodzJr is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Such luck

What a real pity... oh, and if any of us is missing a screw from early this morning, my left rear tyre found it. Had to go fix the puncture this morning har har.. The other bad news is how much tread I have left..

Quote:
Originally posted by zapf
Ahhhhhh F@$%#@ My wastegate is not working! I can't hold even 0.6 bar boost !~ If I can't get this fixed tomorrow I don't think I'll be heading down...

Dammit!

Zapf
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-15-2001, 10:42 PM
SDUCentral SDUCentral is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 40
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hmm, the weather could end up being an issue BUT dont forget the Whittakers Classic meeting is on at Manfield over the weekend too so even if Ohakea is postponed there should be some good viewing about 20 minutes away

Ray
__________________
Ray.
AKA R32GTR
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-15-2001, 11:03 PM
zapf zapf is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 98
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Car is fixed who is going down on Sat morning? Like leaving 3am Sat to go down. Cause I think I'll do that. Makes for a speedier trip as well. No point paying for a bed if I'll get there at 12 midnite...

call ME 029 241 0185

Zapf
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-17-2001, 01:29 AM
Dak Dak is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 33
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well all in all not a bad day, there was a Lamborghini there that had a few drooling, boy did it sound horny flying past at full noise, Mark, R33 GTR V-Spec had a bit of bad luck though I think, big smoke cloud at the end of a run, didn't catch up with him to see what happened but hopefully it wasn't to major.
__________________
Cheers, Dak.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-17-2001, 11:03 PM
GTS-4 Ben's Avatar
GTS-4 Ben GTS-4 Ben is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 427
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to GTS-4 Ben
SPEEDS?
__________________
SDU Southland Moderator
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-18-2001, 10:47 PM
koschakm koschakm is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy Speed Run

It was a good day weatherwise after a shaky start. Unfortunately the speed run wasn't long enough to get top end speeds. We only had the secondary runway, a maximum distance of 1.7kms. I'm not sure if that included the braking area. The Diablo did a number of runs. When I last looked at the records, the Diablo's top speed was 245kmh with not too many cars far off that. No doubt some information will be forthcoming from GGON soon. I had a couple of practice runs to get the feel for the distance and braking requirements before putting in my "official" run at 237kmh. Apparently the car sounded good until it lost no. 6 cylinder thus destroying any opportunity to better that speed!

I think the damage occurred when I hit the brakes with heavy braking causing oil to surge to the front of the engine leaving no. 6 cylinder without oil. I hope it's just a ring! Anyway, talk about oil everywhere! If that was teh cause, I can only endorse a fellow GTR owner's recommendation to install sump baffles after a similar and expensive experience.

A big thanks to Felix, Tony, Rhys and co for your support on the day. Very much appreciated by a "non mechanic".

I struggled 200 odd kms to Taupo using 8 litres of oil in the process and polluting the atmosphere with a big cloud of smoke behind me. Not a good look! Anyway, once in Taupo I organised a car transporter to take the car to Advanced Imports in Auckland and grabbed a lift home with Shane (GTRMAD) who stopped at the same service station in Taupo. Great timing. Thanks Shane!!

The car should hopefully arrive by Tuesday. I await the verdict and quote for repairs with some trepidation.

Mark
V SPEC
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-18-2001, 10:58 PM
Brenhan Brenhan is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 59
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to Brenhan
Bugger , whether it ran out of oil or went lean I guess you will find it out soon enough , #6 cylinder is the one that is first to give trouble , Bretts car did a ring land on the #6 piston most likely because of detonation , but it had a pretty good innings , that car would have dragraced 5 times more than any other GTR in NZ I think. With the oil problems I had with my car I doubt it will last too long either. ( I pulled it apart within 24 hours and have not driven it since.
I hope you have a nice bank manager Mark.
Brenhan.
__________________
OT Skyline crew #001

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-18-2001, 11:40 PM
kai kai is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bummer Mark....I know how you feel, join the club theres me, joe, shane that I know of who have all done the same thing.

Make sure you do a lot of research before deciding what to do....talk to the guys who have already blown theirs and rebuilt them.....shanes feels nice, joes looks quick. You want to get the best for your money because its not cheap.....and combinations are important.

Best advice shop around talk to as many people as possible and look at cars that have already been done....theres the odd one around
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-19-2001, 12:51 AM
SDUCentral SDUCentral is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 40
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yeah...definite hard luck there Mark.

Judging by the amount of oil sitting on that number 6 piston I couldnt imagine it ever returning to full health without some serious surgery.

Nonetheless it looked and sounded bloody impressive as did the other SDU cars present.

Nice meeting some of you Auckland folk too...always good to put names to faces.

Ray

Last edited by SDUCentral; 11-19-2001 at 01:50 AM.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Nissan > Skyline | Skyline GT-R | Stagea | Laurel > Events, Meetings, Cruises


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts