-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Talk
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-07-2003, 10:55 AM
Jedi276 Jedi276 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 44
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Exhaust Questions

I have an '01 GT and just have a few questions about the exhaust. Do they come stock with H-Pipe exhausts? Also, I am thinking about putting some aftermarket exhaust on, which is preferable? X-Pipe or H-Pipe? I am also looking into getting headers put on when I get the exhaust work done, which headers would be best? Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-07-2003, 07:32 PM
Los Los is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 522
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Los Send a message via MSN to Los
All GTs and Cobras come with a 2 1/4 hpipe.

If you have the time, patience, and money, LT headers with matching Xpipe is worth the buck, especially if you go blown or sprayed later.

If you're just the average joe, just an Xpipe with flows would work. H pipes give you more low end torque. After I put my xpipe on, I lost a bit of low end but got it back at the top.



If you're going to put headers on, since its a bitch to do, I'd recommend getting Bbk or Hooker headers. Make sure they're 1 5/8ths. I think the 1 3/4 would be too big for a near stock car.
__________________
Los
Texas Racing Scene.com
Lawton Racing
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Talk


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:43 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts