-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Volkswagen > Passat > '97+
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-11-2012, 01:12 PM
LMScib LMScib is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2000 Passat won't start

My 2000 Passat has had water leak into the drivers side from the battery and master cylinder area and the car won't start. I have been told the "computer"( I assume probably the ignition control module?) has gotten wet(also a common problem I have been told}After addressing the leak,what do I have to do to get the car started ? I have heard I could "jump the starter" to bypass the security system and get it going to get it to a mechanic. Does anyone know if this is doable,and how do you "jump the starter"? Also ,obviously replace the module and any damaged wiring,but are these parts available after-market or through salvage shops?
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Volkswagen > Passat > '97+


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:47 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts