-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Volkswagen > Passat > '97+
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-14-2010, 07:58 PM
hoffmane21 hoffmane21 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2000 Passat having problems in low rpm

Hello,
I just recently started encountering a problem with my 2000 passat. When I am in low gears and going slow, the car starts to stutter and lose power.
When I am in neutral and I press on the gas, the motor feels like it is running roughly.
I am not a car guru and don't know the proper terminology so I hope I explained it ok.
Please ask me any questions you feel might help me to diagnose this problem. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-14-2010, 08:03 PM
hoffmane21 hoffmane21 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 2000 Passat having problems in low rpm

Also, to add, it is a manual tran with about 190,000 miles.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-14-2010, 10:03 PM
Franco2112 Franco2112 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 463
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 2000 Passat having problems in low rpm

First question to ask is any check engine lights?
Franco
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Volkswagen > Passat > '97+


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts