-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mercury > Villager
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-21-2010, 11:10 PM
android49 android49 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Is parting out worth it?

I have a 98 Villager that has a broken steering rack. Its too expensive to fix to make it worth it. I am trying to find out if its worth it to sell some parts off it online before I junk the van. Tell me what you think...
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-22-2010, 03:26 PM
tempfixit tempfixit is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,469
Thanks: 22
Thanked 97 Times in 97 Posts
Re: Is parting out worth it?

Welcome to AF;

What broke on the rack and pinion??? Not that they don't wear out but I have not heard of a bad rack and pinion on the forums that I belong too. Can you give us more info on the vehicle, these vehicles if maintained at all run forever. The Nissan Quest and Mercury VIllager are the same vehilce basically. I have a 99 and 94 and have never had rack and pinion problems. Here is a item number for on ebaymotors with a rack and pinion with no freight that might interest you: 370153933789.


How many miles, what condition is the body and such in???

Last edited by tempfixit; 04-22-2010 at 04:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-23-2010, 08:53 AM
android49 android49 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Is parting out worth it?

Ok, I guess it isnt technically my van, I am just doing this for my girlfriend's Dad because I am a regular on forums. All I know about the van is the power steering pump went out, but they continued to drive it until it was no longer drivable. They brought it in and got an estimate of around $2500 to fix all the problems, the major one being rack and pinion. Ill try to get some more information on it, but do you think If I put up a parting out thread it would get any attention?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-23-2010, 10:55 AM
tempfixit tempfixit is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,469
Thanks: 22
Thanked 97 Times in 97 Posts
Re: Is parting out worth it?

You could try craiglist, I would like to know more info on it, what is all wrong for a $2500 to fix>> You could more than likely do a lot of the work yourself and save lots of $$$$$$$.

I sent you a email.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mercury > Villager


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts