|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
'92 Cherokee Laredo 4.0 stalling
My '92 Cherokee (inline 6 cyl.) stalls out randomly. I replaced the crankcase position sensor, and fuel filter. The spark plugs, distributor cap, and rotor are fairly new. It usually stalls out when I'm at a stoplight, stop sign, etc.. basically when it's in drive and holding the brake. Once in a while it will stall out when I first start it up, and put it in reverse. Sometimes when it feels like it will stall out, I can give it a little gas, and it won't stall. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.
|
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: '92 Cherokee Laredo 4.0 stalling
I would try to raplace the fuel filter, try to run a good dose of injecter cleaner through the fuel system. I don't have any herd facts on how well that stuff does it's job, but its cheap to use once in a while ya know. Do you live in a cold climate? My jeep did that same thing for a while whan it was mildly cold out in the morning but this California stopped that quickly. You could also go ahead and chech the timming on the thing too. Beyond that Im sure there are a few more tech. tips that a professional could tell you about. Good luck fellow jeeper. DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!!!!!
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: '92 Cherokee Laredo 4.0 stalling
I did replace the fuel filter and added some fuel system cleaner which is also supposed to remove water. I'll see if that works.
|
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: '92 Cherokee Laredo 4.0 stalling
Maybe the coil or the ignition wire.
It happens whenever the temp of the engine? The purpose of injector cleaner is to remove fuel deposit of the injector. Of course, it also remove water, but why you should have water in your fuel tank? Be careful, not all fuel injector are good for the car. Some are too harshful.
__________________
2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 3.8L OHV 2002 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L OHV (sold) 1998 Ford Windstar LX 3.8L OHV (sold) 2002 Chevrolet Malibu LS 3.1L OHV (sold) 2004 Hyundai Accent GS 1.6L DOHC manual (sold) 1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme S 3.1L OHV (sold) 2002 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor 4.6L SOHC (sold) A Windstar without having the check engine light is not a real Windstar.
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: '92 Cherokee Laredo 4.0 stalling
Another thought to remember, if you live in colder climate state, this is the time of year when fuel mixtures change between winter and summer blends (hence the rapid change in price).
I completely almost forgot when mine started giving me some near stalling grief and then it dawned on me what time of year it was. Cleared up on it's own with a fresh tank of gas and a cruise on the highway.
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|