Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Land Rover > Defender
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-29-2023, 11:29 PM   #1
rub432
AF Newbie

Defender 110 build

I just bought a defender 110. 1992. Now I'm scared to even start it up.
I fear that if i bully the car a little it will soon reveal it's flaws and I will have to give up on the beauty. I bought it with practicality in mind. I will be driving it for around 500 kms every weekend after a few months. So for me fuel efficiency is key. I would also prefer to make the car less agricultural, if possible. But reducing the vibrations is not a primary concern. And I'm not talking about the death wobble. Mine doesn't have it.
My engine works fine but it has an accident history. And I have some budget to throw at it. So if it needs I'm even willing to swap the engine. Where I'm from 2jz is a widely available option. Just anything I can do to make the car into my dream one. I might be daydreaming which I understand. But I absolutely love the car.
I can work on cars. I have before. I just need some proper directions. I'm not asking for how to build a car or anything like that. I'm asking what are the options that I have, which replacements or mods are gonna make it better or what i can do to the engine and stuffs like that. I don't necessarily have a timeframe for the build. I can take more than a few years to finish the build. And also I'm open to almost any suggestions. If anyone is willing to say that choosing the defender was a bad choice, i understand. I will just drive it around for a few months and sell it later.
Cheers and thank you kindly for your advice
rub432 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Land Rover > Defender