Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Jimmy
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 02:52 PM   #1
1996GMCJimmy
AF Newbie

Help! Windshield Washer Reservoir Leak.

I just noticed yesterday that my winshield washer reservoir started leaking, just after refilling it with some washer fluid. I wasn't in any collision or anything. It has never leaked in the past. I have no idea what could be causing it. Could it be some kind of a worn seal??? Can anyone give input on this?

Also, can anyone tell where I can see actual pictures of my truck's engine parts, such as the Windshield Wiper Reservoir and stuff?

Thanks
1996GMCJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 10:33 PM   #2
94 Jimmy
AF Regular

I've heard of these plastic containers simply cracking due to age and cold weather. An auto dismantler should be able to get you one for a $20-30.
As far as pictures, I like the Haynes manuals your jimmy manual is the Haynes 24071, their website describes it as:

24071 - S-10 & GMC Sonoma Pick-ups '94 thru '01 Models covered: All Chevrolet S-10 and GMC Sonoma pick-up '94 thru '01, Chevrolet Blazer & GMC Jimmy '95 thru '01, Olds Bravada & Isuzu Hombre '96 thru '01.

Lots of pictures, good explanations on how to do everything. Even if you don't want to work on your car it gives you the information to defend yourself from the less than honest mechanics out there.
See ya
94 Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 08:02 PM   #3
flyinggreasemnky
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to flyinggreasemnky
I had the same problem with my jimmy's reservoir. I just put gasket maker on the two rubber seals that are around where the fluid is drawn out of. Worked like a charm. Save your money...just rig it...
flyinggreasemnky is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Jimmy