Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe Includes the VQ35DE, VQ37VHR - Z33 and Z34.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-27-2003, 06:10 PM   #1
G35CoupeMtnCruiser
AF Newbie

G35 Coupe owners age.

So how old are most of you? Im 21 years old and when the time came to buy a new car the new 350Z never crossed my mind. But the G35 Coupe that was a different story. As soon as i saw the G i new i had to have one. Needless to say i went out and purchased a G35 Coupe in Montclair California. I dont really get that many stares, do you think it is because most people think its my dads or something? Im just curious as to how much younger i am than the average G35 Coupe owner.
G35CoupeMtnCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 06:31 PM   #2
VR6punk
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to VR6punk
Wink

hmm.. well i'm actually just 24, but at 24 i'd consider myself very young for the average coupe owner's age. in fact, one of the reasons i chose the coupe over the 350z is because i felt there would be less Coupe's "tuned" to death than there would be Z's. i've been down that road before and eventually it was just getting annoying seeing so many similar cars to mine look so tacky.

you also might have to get over the whole "daddy bought your car" thing. i dont know your situation (and it doesn't matter) but that seems to be most people's initial reaction. i bought this myself as a gift to myself, like most buyers probably will.

with regard to the head turns.. i've actually been surprised at how many jaw drops and head turns i get - though i must admit that wasn't / isn't what i'm really looking for! the real reward comes on a weekend cruise down my fav road.
Old 01-28-2003, 01:12 PM   #3
nas4a
AF Regular

VR6punk, sounds a lot like me. I'm 24 as well. I bought the car myself as a gift for my first 3 hard-working years as a stock broker...not a good time to be in the market, but I've done well, and it was time for a reward. I agree about the G35 vs. the 350Z. I had looked HARD at 330ci's prior to knowing about the G35C, but once the G35C press photos were released, I was sold. Nothing better as far as styling goes. It turns heads of owners of all ages, and is a big hit with the ladies too. :smoka:
nas4a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 04:56 PM   #4
Amped_phx
AF Newbie

I my self am 23 and thinking about buying a G35 Coupe. Just some facts for you guys out there, the 350Z was marketed for the true Z fans and a younger crowd of import street racers and along that line. But on the other hand the G35 was aimed at more conservative people in there mid 30's which i really dont understand being that i am young and am totely in love with the G35. I know when ever there is someone passing buy me with a G35 coupe my jaw drops also (like the rest of them), but my Tax return is not that far away and boy i cant wait the day that i drive that bad boy home with that new car smell.
Amped_phx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 12:33 PM   #5
nas4a
AF Regular

I agree. I got the G35 because I didn't think too many would be "riced out." There's not much you can/need to do to the G35. It would look dumb with a huge spoiler, it doesn't really need ground effects, and anything to break up the sleek lines it's got already would be overkill IMO. The 350 on the other hand, well, I've already seen some of the concepts, and they butcher that car all up with aftermarket stuff.
Old 02-05-2003, 02:30 AM   #6
drpapi2fiend4
AF Newbie

Cool

i'm 21 and i was looking at both cars. it took a while after looking at both cars to decide to go with the g35c. the backseat was big but after comparing the two i started to pull more toward the g35c. i still love the 350z it is really nice but i am more of a luxury person that likes the sofisticated look. maybe i am getting old in my ways but the car is still hot. plus with a nice set of rims, tints, and tv the car will be pimp.
drpapi2fiend4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 08:55 AM   #7
nas4a
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by drpapi2fiend4
i'm 21 and i was looking at both cars. it took a while after looking at both cars to decide to go with the g35c. the backseat was big but after comparing the two i started to pull more toward the g35c. i still love the 350z it is really nice but i am more of a luxury person that likes the sofisticated look. maybe i am getting old in my ways but the car is still hot. plus with a nice set of rims, tints, and tv the car will be pimp.
LOL @ "likes the sofisticated look. maybe i am getting old in my ways" immediately followed by the phrase, "the car will be pimp."

Old 02-06-2003, 04:04 AM   #8
drpapi2fiend4
AF Newbie

lol sophisticated but pimp itz the only way to be. i'm not that old yet!!!!!!!!
drpapi2fiend4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 09:03 AM   #9
RealyJrPM
AF Newbie

age of G35 owner

Not much to tell, 29, single father of 2, thats the reasoning behind the G35 over the 350Z. Even though I only see them twice a month, they have to sit somewhere
RealyJrPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 06:58 PM   #10
MistaCoupa
AF Newbie

'Ello, I'm new. I'm 28 and thinking of buying the g35c later this year. I bought a grand prix coupe a coupe years ago just because I needed a car, and when I saw the g35 coupe I got really exciting about buying it. I figured I would be fine with this GP for a number of years, but oh well .

I don't like pure sports cars, such as cars with no back seats, but I like sporty cars. The coupe seems to be a very nice blend of sport and luxury, which is something I'm really looking for.

I've been reading a few posts in other forums and it seems I'm nowhere near the kind of "enthusiast" that some of you guys are. I've been reading posts about drag racing and "killing", as talking as if there's this whole underword of sport car drivers who are playing chicken with each other all the time, and some other things I really don't know what the hell they're talking about. It's just a really beautiful car with some good power that would make my drive back and forth to work every day a little more fun .

Cheers!
MistaCoupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 09:34 AM   #11
infinIC
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to infinIC Send a message via AIM to infinIC
Just turned 22~got my baby car as a graduation present =)
infinIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 02:49 PM   #12
MistaCoupa
AF Newbie

Present for yourself you mean? What are you graduating at 22? College I presume? My present was that I got to look for a job after I graduated college.

I did buy myself a grand prix because I needed a new car for work, but I'm not really all that crazy about it.
MistaCoupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 10:34 PM   #13
Eddyray
AF Newbie

I'm 33.

I bought a red fully equipped G35c. Amazing car for the money. How's insurance rates for you early 20's guys?

Eddy
Eddyray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 12:19 PM   #14
infinIC
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to infinIC Send a message via AIM to infinIC
no idea what insurance rates is like...didn't even get to see my new insurance statement before accident happened.

and yeah...hehe, present for myself for walking out of college alive and healthy =P
infinIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 01:33 PM   #15
Matattack89
AF Newbie

i dunno bout u guys but my dad is a contractor and never puts his money in bank soooo he basically has no credit record pays for everything with cash as for my mom she has bad credit as dose every woman so my brother just got a z spoiled little brat he just got his licence but he saved so he leased one and had my grandmother insure the car and sign for him he pays a whopping $400 bucks a year for insurence i dunno bout u but thats cheap because my cousin drives a twin turbo supra and pays 8,000
Matattack89 is offline   Reply With Quote