Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe Includes the VQ35DE, VQ37VHR - Z33 and Z34.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-01-2002, 11:54 AM   #31
Z06Lover
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by malibubong

I have know clue what your talking about. The entire time before you started "chiming" in we were talking about "stock" car performance. You want to talk mod cars go right ahead. I could take alot of cars and mod them up to beat a 350Z stock, Z06 or any other car. I could take alot of cars and do it cheaper too. NO S#$% SHERLOCK! This is a brand new car, you think the aftermarket companies are going to produce a plethora of parts for a car thats not even out in full yet? They dont know if the car will be successful let alone if there will be a viable market share for the Z and consumer demand for the mods. Common sense tells you this. I dont know what point your trying to prove? Obviously, you have none and start spouting off how I dont read your half-brained logic.

Your comment about the Z06 and BMW etc was worthless. Why did you even say it? Are you trying to compare the Z? Are you just simply stating obvious stats? You lost me and everyone else in the forum. Pick a stance and stick to it. Dont start fiddling around backpedaling saying I dont read or comprehend your writing.

Your delusions of grandure and absolute misunderstanding of what a forum is really annoys me and I am sure everyone else who has to read it. If you want to continue this feel free to email me personally.
I think you have some valid points in what you say but you need to use complete thoughts in your reasoning. I cant read your mind. What you post is all "we" the forum collectively, have to ascertain what your trying to convey. In laymens terms, speak english senorita.
don't get mad because you didn't read my post, made some comments about it that were inaccurate and then I pointed it out. I even copied parts from my last posts so you would see the obvious parts.

The whole time i was sticking up for the Z.
Here is a quote from the original starting post:
Quote:
Posted by jive
I am really disappointed in the new 350Z. Why didn't they make it faster? Why does it look like just about every other new sporty car these days? (That is to say, why is it butt ughly?) The 300ZX was beautiful. So were the earlier 240SX's, before they turned boxy.

When I started looking for a replacement for the 240SX, my first inclination was to get a used 300ZX. But I wound up buying a new 2002 Camaro Z28 convertible - the last of the breed, as you probably know. I fell in love with the power! I had to spend about $1500 more on after-market stiffening and suspension parts to make it handle suitably, but even with those extra expenses, the convertible cost me less than a base model hardtop 350Z will cost. The car goes zoom, and it does it without a blower. Stock zero to 60 in a bit over 5 seconds. I put a 2800 stall torque converter on it and did some minor tweaking, and now my 0-60 is under 5 seconds. I love it!
So he is comparing the Z vs the fact he has a modified camaro.

is he not talking about a modified car? is not discussing a point made by the originator of the thread staying on topic and making a point. The point was a fast car can be made much easier and cheaper by not buying a new Z, but then you won't have a new Z. You won't have a new car, the nice interior, and other good things that car has going for it.

As far as reading my mind...i showed you quotes...you just didn't read my posts or didn't understand them....they were very clear.

Seriously, i think we were arguing some of the same points. i have no idea why you picked my post to post about. It is obvious you didn't read it very well the first time you posted.

As far as the Z06, M3, S2000 comparison. It was only to show that I personally prefer a car with a 50/50 weight distribution and was disappointed the 350Z didn't have that. I don't see what is so tough to understand about that. I almost bought a used 2001 Z06 for $35k...so that puts it right in the league with the 350Z track model. The S2000 is the same price if not a little cheaper then the track model. The older M3 are cheaper then all of these cars. How do none of these cars compare to the 350Z??? The only thing i said was weight distribution and the fact i was disppapointed in that...that's it.

i dont' really understand your problem with my posts, but I am not going to e-mail you about it. I think we have discussed it more then enough on here.
Erik (*still confused about what i said that was soo off the wall or obtuse??*)
Old 08-01-2002, 01:04 PM   #32
merc50
AF Newbie

The torque of a V8 over the 6 and the straight axle are going to be way more forgiving in the 1/4 than the high reving 6 and sports car suspension. A Cobra with a straight axle would turn far better times in the 1/4 than the way they come now...wheel hop etc. slows them down a tad. A saw a guy who actually took a 99 Cobra and put in a rear and it increased the times a bunch. I imagine for the 1/4 you really gotta know the Z to get the really good times out of it and know how to launch it. I see 13.8 and 13.9 slips on Bullitts very often(best runs of the day I will point out), and I don't think most of those guys are pros. Take the WRX for example, it is capable of some hot times, but it is hard to get them and most guys can't with any consistancy...of course the 1/8 is where that car does a bit better when it does hook up! That being said, consistant 13.9's and lower I think will be tuff (OPINION) for most Z's. The GT and the Bullitt are going to lose alot to the Z and vice versa in the 1/4. The Mach 1 and the Z28 I would think should pretty much have the Z MOST of the time. IRS and drag racing are not the best combo always...but I am still amazed at these times the mags are getting from the Z.
Old 08-17-2002, 05:30 PM   #33
350ZLover
AF Newbie

Cool I don't agree about 50/50 weight distribution

Z06Lover,

Nissan designed the 350Z to have 52/48 weight distribution. Nissan/Renault might be under the impression that 52/48 weight distribution might be a better choice. :alien:
Old 08-17-2002, 06:19 PM   #34
Z06Lover
AF Regular

Re: I don't agree about 50/50 weight distribution

Quote:
Originally posted by 350ZLover
Z06Lover,

Nissan designed the 350Z to have 52/48 weight distribution. Nissan/Renault might be under the impression that 52/48 weight distribution might be a better choice. :alien:
i know. I just said i prefer a car with a 50/50 weight distribution or a more weight in the rear like most mid-engine cars or rear-engine cars.
Old 08-25-2002, 10:03 AM   #35
dogs4liferacing
AF Newbie

IMPORTS RULE

Everybody talking about American cars are better, obviously are just not making the sufficient amount of cash. Maybe that's why all they can say about American cars is that they're cheaper. You guys are right though, they are cheaper, in every aspect. You know how the saying goes, you get what you pay for.
dogs4liferacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2002, 12:16 AM   #36
Z06Lover
AF Regular

Re: IMPORTS RULE

Quote:
Originally posted by dogs4liferacing
Everybody talking about American cars are better, obviously are just not making the sufficient amount of cash. Maybe that's why all they can say about American cars is that they're cheaper. You guys are right though, they are cheaper, in every aspect. You know how the saying goes, you get what you pay for.
Yo dude, do you live you're life a 1/4 mile at a time?
Old 08-26-2002, 12:58 AM   #37
dogs4liferacing
AF Newbie

No, I live my life enjoying the ability to handle and perform, they would a realy car should, and they way an import could.
Old 08-26-2002, 01:01 AM   #38
Z06Lover
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by dogs4liferacing
No, I live my life enjoying the ability to handle and perform, they would a realy car should, and they way an import could.
I rest my case!
This is like a bad Dr. Suess rhyme!!!
Old 08-26-2002, 12:22 PM   #39
dogs4liferacing
AF Newbie

You no what, go fuck your self bitch!
Old 08-26-2002, 12:41 PM   #40
formerfordguy
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by malibubong

No matter how you slice it, the 350Z slapped the GT Stang's 0-60 time in Motor Trend and Car and Driver.
Disclosure: I've owned a 97 Cobra, and have a 350Z on order.

Yeah, but note that both magazines tested a 350Z Track model with a list price of nearly $35K.

For that same $35K you can drive off the lot with a 2003 Mustang Cobra. Same price. Same IRS rear, same big Brembos, same (sturdier) six speed tranny -- and gee, 100 more HP. Not 40 or 50 more HP -- a 103 more!

I'll enjoy my new 350Z, I have the base model on order. It'll come in around $28K.

If I had the extra $7K, I'd be kicking 350Z tail all over the place in the 2003 Cobra.
formerfordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 10:47 PM   #41
skylinegtr34
AF Regular

To all u domestic freaks out there. WHy do u have to go to every form and talk s#%$ about about imports. We dont go to your forms and do that stuff. THe day of the domestic is over. The styling is out of date; that deep throaty sound the v8's make sound more like diesel trucks than performace cars. The paint jobs on all but the vett and viper is poor. ( ask any quality detailer.) The reliability is terrible. ( U better know how to fix cars if u own 1.) Resale value is bad. Any Japanese car will beat its american conterpart on the road course. ( Real racing) Japanese cars last forever, and look good at it name one 1994 American car that still looks up to date. You cant thats because they want u to buy a new car every 2 years. Look at Pontiac they are the worse looking cars on the market. The front grill looks like %$^# , and every car looks alike. And with American cars nothing is standerd. You have to add everything onto the car making it cost more and more. I am from America and would love to support my auto industry. BUt if I buy the crap they are making now they will never make better cars.
skylinegtr34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 03:19 AM   #42
SolTheHoelessPimp
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to SolTheHoelessPimp Send a message via Yahoo to SolTheHoelessPimp
to me, for the money a z costs, i'd rather get an impreza wrx, definetly one hell of a performer all around, and i won't say i know the figures, but i'm pretty sure a stock wrx could take a z without a whole lot of trouble.
SolTheHoelessPimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 03:26 AM   #43
SolTheHoelessPimp
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to SolTheHoelessPimp Send a message via Yahoo to SolTheHoelessPimp
come on guys, this is starting to sound like the mini forum, i love it i hate it, it's too weak , it's not a honda, it's not a chevy.....no shit!

Everybody has a different reason for buying a car, every body has a different view as to what PERFORMANCE is all about.
Old 08-31-2002, 03:30 AM   #44
SolTheHoelessPimp
AF Enthusiast

the best comparason for the new z car? it's predicessors(can't spell).

How does it fare against other stock z's? if it's performs less in power then i would consider it weak, less in handling then i would want more?

Does any body have the numbers for previous stock z?

lets check those out.
Old 09-01-2002, 06:56 PM   #45
TatII
AF Fanatic

errrrrrrrrrr SolTheHoelessPimp you know the Z is faster then the U.S spec WRX in every way? and plus if you were racing from 60-140mph. the Z would spank the REX sooooo bad. the rex loses all its steam once it hits 80. the VQ35DE is a overly squared engine. soooo its got good low end good mid end and good top end. its a all around engine. and it may have less hp then the Z32. but the new Z weights a couple of hundred pounds less. sooooo the power to weight ratio is actually the same or better the older Z32's.

Best E.T. 13.559
Best Trap speed 107.62 mph
TatII is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe