Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe Includes the VQ35DE, VQ37VHR - Z33 and Z34.
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-26-2001, 04:19 PM   #16
dill_roy
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to dill_roy Send a message via Yahoo to dill_roy
Unhappy I like the idea at least

[size=1][color=orangered] :monkeypis

What a cool idea!...oh wait. no the design sux. I wish they would stop it with this triangulation shit. i know it makes cars easier to design on computers but look at what Mosler did with the MT900. they didn't sacrifice curves in the design process and this thing was done entirely on computer. when that thing hits production it's gonna make all these other people look like slackers. take some time! keep the curves! Nissan is a good company and i hate seeng them fall into the crappy design trends of today. I don't want to see these cars that look like toasters anymore(dodge powerbox concept & super 8). i feel like i could puke!
Old 11-18-2001, 05:55 PM   #17
Nxtyoung
AF Regular

Looks too much like the Audi TT Coupe. Still love thw GTR(R34) and 300zx the most of nissan
Old 11-26-2001, 12:52 PM   #18
Baptizer
AF Newbie

Hi...
i am new to the forum....great thing you guys got going here!
I just had a few questions. I am 'up in the air' as to whether I really want to get one of these Nissan Z's. A few of my questions are:
1. What is the estimated length for the new Z? is it similar to the 4th gen Z, 170inches?
UPDATE: i found the length...its around 170 inches.
2. What exactly are those little compartments behind the seats? are they fold down backseats? just a place to store stuff? speakers?

I am so confused as to how i want to go in my next car purchase. In all honesty, I am driving a Mazda MX-3(1993) and i am about to buy my first new car. I just graduated from college about 6 months ago, and finally ready(financially ready) to purchase that first new PHAT car. I cannot decide between a BMW 330Ci or the Nissan Z. Not sure which route to take: luxury/sporty vs speed/extreme-sporty. IF someone can answer those questions, i would be very happy! thanks!
Old 11-27-2001, 12:56 AM   #19
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to JBL85
What do you think the 1/4 is on this bad boy, I just want to know if it can beat hondas new NSX with a v8...
Old 12-18-2001, 05:35 PM   #20
Donkey_Show
AF Newbie

Hi guys, im new here, my name is Phil. I was brought here when i was doing a google search for good Z articles. Anyways, that new Z is tight. It will be named the 350z. Throughtout history Nissan has always named their Z's based upon the displacement of their motors. The 240 was named because it has a 2.4 liter inline 6, the 260 because it had a 2.6 liter i6, the 280 had a 2.8 liter i6, the 300 had a 3.0 liter v6. Now the new z will have a 3.5 liter v6.

Its a very beautiful car. I do agree that alot of the interior design will be changed before the car hits the production line. Im sure those exterior door handles will probably be changed also. I believe the HP will be closer to 275 than 260. Nissan has always lied about their horsepower numbers before production. They always project it to be lower than it is.

I dunno, i guess on October 27th, (the official release date of the vehicle for sale) we will find out what the real deal is. All i know, is that come january, im going down to my local dealer, and being put on a waiting list for the car. This will be my fourth Z car.

Anyways, that is my 2 cents. I will see you guys around. These are some pretty cool forums.
Old 12-25-2001, 05:36 PM   #21
diegoaccord
AF Regular

fuckin ugly futuristic garbage

EJ1 Civic Si . Screw Hatchbacks. Coupes just look better. Period...
Old 12-26-2001, 02:49 AM   #22
JBL85
AF Fanatic

I would sure take it over an old car from the 80's
Old 12-28-2001, 01:12 PM   #23
zenthusiast
AF Newbie

Well, well, well

Just when you Honda, Toyota, Acura types thought the they were done with the Z, the next thing you know is they are going to come out with the best one yet. You see, not only will a new stock 350-Z beat most of you guys on the street, but I can see the ho's drooling for the other seat aleady.:smoka: And when we start modifying our gen 5 Z's your life, I suspect, is going to get difficult. You bore me with your Civics anymore. I'm so stoked. I think I'll go make plans with my mechanic.:evillaugh How do ya like me now?:jump:

And my answer looks like a Nissan 350-Z, Silver w/black interior and all the options and upgrades.
Old 12-28-2001, 04:20 PM   #24
ImportFreak
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ImportFreak Send a message via Yahoo to ImportFreak
Personally i think that this car is alright.. i mean i really hate it from certain views and others it looks awesome.. the lights the triangle thing.. oh man do i hate that.. same it the skyline, or GTR now.. Nissan really is messin up in designin.. thats my opinion.. here are some stats and stuff from www.nissandriven.com .. (specs and stufff for the U.S.) ... sux that they detune everything we get..

• 3.5 Liter VQ-series V6 Engine Producing 260+ Targeted Horsepower
• 6-Speed Manual or 5-Speed Electronically Controlled Automatic Transmission
• Targeted 0-60mph Time of Less Than 6.0 Seconds
• Rear-Wheel Drive
• 4-Wheel Independent Suspension

- thats straiht from nissan on the U.S. version

JUST THOSE DAMNED LIGHTS!!! tho the interior i think is great
Old 12-28-2001, 06:09 PM   #25
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Thats cool that you hate all that stuff, thats why they make it like that, so not every fool is driving around in the same freaking car, I didnt like the idea of a redesigned zx, but I am in love with this bad ass ride, just takes some getting use to. I mean hell look at honda now thats a nasty ride IMO. The NSX what a rip off of a ferrari, at least they are ORIGNAL, no offense of course, its just an opinion right :smoka:
Old 12-29-2001, 12:39 PM   #26
Darryl (SJ,CA)
AF Newbie

Took a little time to get used to.
I really didn't like the front from the first pictures, but I like what they've done with the rear...

3.5 litre VQ engine should be pretty impressive - rumor had it at 280 hp or so. Surprisingly - the 350Z is bigger than the last gen 300zx - taller by 2 inches, a little wider and a few inches longer!

Can't wait to see it in person though... but I wonder if they will make a turbo version...

-Darryl
Old 12-29-2001, 04:07 PM   #27
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Darryl, I hate you, Sell me your car, its a freaking sweet ride and then you can go buy a 350z

just wondering: but is that TT reliable?
Old 12-29-2001, 07:19 PM   #28
Darryl (SJ,CA)
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by JBL85
Darryl, I hate you, Sell me your car, its a freaking sweet ride and then you can go buy a 350z

just wondering: but is that TT reliable?
Haha... Thanks for the comments. I actually just got it back recently - I had a motor build done on it - it's now pushing about 534 rwhp on race gas with HKS turbos. Full profile is on twinturbo.net. But most tt's are quite reliable, just as long as you follow normal preventative maintenance. Frequent oil changes, etc.

The 350Z will be a nice car... but will it be a car like the old 300zx that made it into C&D's top 10 cars for every year of production??? Guess we'll find out next year...

Cheers,
-Darryl
Old 12-30-2001, 03:15 AM   #29
JBL85
AF Fanatic

I take it your into modifying cars, I have an 86 300zx and was wondering if you knew how much it would cost to drop a twin turbo motor in it from a z32 year? Oh and new tranny i f'd mine up pretty good racing it
Old 12-30-2001, 09:29 PM   #30
KikoSanchez182
AF Newbie

well, i think it looks really nice, except for the color, ughhh, but imagine that in blue...ya! as for speed, its very good, 3.5 liters. 260-280hp N/A!! the last Z's made their power from TT's. imagine this new Z with a big azz turbo strapped to it.... but i wouldnt buy one just yet, b/c theirs so many other cars about to come over....supposedly. the new se-r, new civic si, possibly wrx STi, lancer evolution, the skyline.(no not the fake ifiniti, the real skyline), and the new rx-8. now, we just need the FTO, GTO, supra, silvia, and the civic type-R to come over here and we'd be set!!! oh, and some cosworths too!

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe