Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe Includes the VQ35DE, VQ37VHR - Z33 and Z34.
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-01-2003, 12:14 AM   #121
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Send a message via AIM to Neutrino
Re: Re: 350z Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacho_nissan
yah,I'm trying to say the 4-bangger focuz is faster than that mean powerful V8 mustang...
Let's see svtcobra007x's excuse for this one...

the svt i don't think will be able to outdo a gt in a 1/4 mile but it will outhandle the mustang

the rs focus however will be faster in both 1/4 and turns

the rs and svt focus are very good most likely due to the involvement of cosworth in their design....and imo ford europe is superior to the domestic ford

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Old 12-01-2003, 12:20 AM   #122
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to longlivetheZ Send a message via MSN to longlivetheZ
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.......that's great. SVT Fuckus...bleh. Read an article in a turbo magazine or a mag of the sort...they rebuilt the entire engine just to run 8 psi. POS Engines.

Duuuuuuuuuuuude.......a *V6* ACCORD will keep up with the GT mustang 0-60 as well as A *V6* Nissan Maxima. The RSX-S (4 cylinder) has a nearly identical 0-60 as the GT.

Mustangs suck.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin Franklin
Old 12-01-2003, 12:52 AM   #123
svtcobra007x

Nah, the SVT Focus is not as powerful as you think. I checked out the stats, maybe theres more than one model but the one I saw went for around 17,000 and comes only with 170 horses. 0-60 in about 7 seconds.

http://www.roadandtravel.com/roadtes...rdfocussvt.htm

The 2004 Mustang GT comes with 260 horses under the hood and goes 0-60 in less than 6 seconds. Now the one I forgot to mention and its the most obvious model they just came out with. The 2003 Mustang Mach 1 compares greatly with the Z. Now your going to say "No, the Mustang GT does." But I cant compare it because Ford didn't put all the power into the car so they let everyone else like SVT and Saleen to do it. It could be more powerful, believe me, so stop underestimating it(Ford didn't want to, so don't blame it on the car, wait till 2005). The Mustang Mach 1 comes with a 32 Valve 4.6 L V8 engine. It includes 305 horses under the hood and only costs $29,000. No
supercharger, no turbo.

http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/d/for.../trim_overview

I guess someone can explain to me how they took the standard Mustang engine and made it more powerful, because they knocked the horses from 260 to 305. Im guessing its the extra valves it includes and a few extra stuff.

The Mach 1 does give you your bang for the buck and beats the Z in ms in 0-60(not enough to make any assumptions). Its top speed is 10mph more than the Z also. So can anyone do any better than this..I mean I took a relatively average good Mustang and compared it with a Z, and it should be compared with it. Goes to show the V8 can still do wonders.

Also, I see a lot of cars today that range in their years. When I see old cars they usually look like a box. When I see a new Mustang, I dont see a box like you guys see. What the hell, I see other cars out there that have relatively the same form as the Mustang and they don't look like a box. That is a completely subjective opinion. Just because the Mustang doesnt have the endless sloping back like the Z does and the Focus-like lights like the Z does, doesn't mean it is a bad looking car. Ford likes consintency so they keep the Mustang shape while not making it look like a complete rectangle. I think the Mustang GT has sweet taillights, nice scoops on the side, and an awesome hood. The Z in my opinion is just a copycat of the Porsche and the Audi because they all look the same. The sloping back. the small model, and absolutely no detail to it whatsoever. They are plain and simple. Look at my last post, that picture of that Rousch Mustang is extremely detailed and that's what Mustangs are usually like. They have style and in my opinion, they look as good as coupes as they do as convertibles.

"It is clearly superior to your Mustang."Rizzspeed..................It will never be.........I'll never come around......i've still got a lot more ammunition than this.

Don't see a box...........but a badass Mach1.........

Old 12-01-2003, 01:07 AM   #124
svtcobra007x

http://www.dynoperformance.com/artic...ails.php?ID=20

Very interesting, one person here mentioned that people were taking their Cobras in for a dynamometer test. They said the complete opposite than what is in this article because it appears Ford has underestimated their horse power rating. It looks as if the Cobras are theoretically producing over 400 horses. Wow, so Longlive, how about that Z.....

So much power for such little money...........

Saleen......brings you to your knees......

Old 12-01-2003, 04:49 AM   #125
mikegee
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to mikegee

Quote:
yah,I'm trying to say the 4-bangger focuz is faster than that mean powerful V8 mustang...
Let's see svtcobra007x's excuse for this one...

hey, "there's no replacement for displacement." if this is true then y are tons of 4s and 6s man handling the v8s.
Old 12-01-2003, 07:51 AM   #126
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Re: 350z Sucks!

ok let me introduce some info here since the level of information here is apauling

the svt it is not turbocharged
the rs is turbocharged

both cars are fairly slow in the 1/4 mile since they were designed mainly for handling...and they will hand out spankinngs in the curves to many cars out there...they were tuned extensivelly by cossie

also svtcobra...there was a comparo made directly between the mach 1 and a touring 350z and the z won by quite a bit on the track

(\__/)
Old 12-01-2003, 11:56 AM   #127
svtcobra007x

Well the only explanation I can find that the Mach1 was beaten on the track was around the turns. Probably held up really good on the long strait aways.

Old 12-01-2003, 03:56 PM   #128
mikegee
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtcobra007x
Well the only explanation I can find that the Mach1 was beaten on the track was around the turns. Probably held up really good on the long strait aways.

if this is fine for you then ok, i cant knock you for liking what you like. but i dislike strait line proformance with out turning.
Old 12-01-2003, 03:58 PM   #129
mikegee
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrino
ok let me introduce some info here since the level of information here is apauling

the svt it is not turbocharged
the rs is turbocharged

both cars are fairly slow in the 1/4 mile since they were designed mainly for handling...and they will hand out spankinngs in the curves to many cars out there...they were tuned extensivelly by cossie

also svtcobra...there was a comparo made directly between the mach 1 and a touring 350z and the z won by quite a bit on the track

as for the focus rs i think it sucks you get wrx proformance at an sti price. i dont know why ford would produce such a car.
Old 12-01-2003, 04:00 PM   #130
mikegee
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
http://www.dynoperformance.com/artic...ails.php?ID=20

Very interesting, one person here mentioned that people were taking their Cobras in for a dynamometer test. They said the complete opposite than what is in this article because it appears Ford has underestimated their horse power rating. It looks as if the Cobras are theoretically producing over 400 horses. Wow, so Longlive, how about that Z.....

So much power for such little money...........

Saleen......brings you to your knees......

so how much is this SALEEN?
Old 12-01-2003, 04:43 PM   #131
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Quote:

well yeah....the mach1 had better acceleration numbers and it shoud've had since it has a DOHC v8

and about the focus RS its true its current price in england its uncompetitive but we'll have to wait and see how much it will cost when brought here

(\__/)
Old 12-01-2003, 06:09 PM   #132
nacho_nissan
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to nacho_nissan Send a message via MSN to nacho_nissan Send a message via Yahoo to nacho_nissan

has anybody seen a video of a 1991 nissan sentra with a sr20det beat the shit out of a 2001 Mustang?? I dont remember if it is a SVT cobra,or a regular cobra,but anyway,the mustang couldnt even keep up with the sentra,and they raced like 3 times,but then something happened...The nissan's plug blew into the turbine... But how is this svtcobra kid gonna compare a stang to a 350Z when a cobra cant even beat a 2.0l turbo engine?? By the way,you(svtcobra kid) should give us all a chair while we're waiting for that 2005 mustang,it's still a while before u can bring it to the track,we might get tired of waiting...
I hope it really is all the shit like you talk bout it,cause u've already looked stupid alot of times
Old 12-01-2003, 06:43 PM   #133
rizzspeed
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to rizzspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by longlivetheZ
Power is nothing without control, rizzspeed.
I've said that before, I think. I'm almost sure I have. Nismo, you read practically everything that I post.j/k Remind me where I've said that before.
Old 12-01-2003, 06:44 PM   #134
svtcobra007x

Quote:
has anybody seen a video of a 1991 nissan sentra with a sr20det beat the shit out of a 2001 Mustang?? I dont remember if it is a SVT cobra,or a regular cobra,but anyway,the mustang couldnt even keep up with the sentra,and they raced like 3 times,but then something happened...The nissan's plug blew into the turbine... But how is this svtcobra kid gonna compare a stang to a 350Z when a cobra cant even beat a 2.0l turbo engine?? By the way,you(svtcobra kid) should give us all a chair while we're waiting for that 2005 mustang,it's still a while before u can bring it to the track,we might get tired of waiting...
I hope it really is all the shit like you talk bout it,cause u've already looked stupid alot of times
I change my mind Nacho, that was the worst post in your posting experience. You kinda just blurted out words the whole way and i dont even think you pay attention to all my posts. I dont know where you saw that video and the chances are no one saw it. But it probably wasnt even a Cobra. I can see a GT being beaten up by a 2.0L turbo engine but a Cobra, forget about it. Such bullshit Nacho, of course the turbo is gonna increase the Sentras power to be faster than the GT. Hell lets put a turbo on the GT and then see how they compare.

You see this is my dilemma with you. I dont know if you know jack shit about Mustangs, Cobras, Saleens, and hell, prob not even Z's. I dont like when people see a car they like and talk crazy about it when they dont even know its performance. You seem to fit into that category.
"I dont remember if it is a SVT cobra,or a regular cobra,but anyway,the"..............What the hell are you thinking? See this is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. SVT makes Cobras. Regular Cobra? There is no regular Cobra. SVT Cobra's consist of the Cobra and the Cobra-R. Maybe you were thinking of the GT.

Nacho listen to me once. The Z puts out about 280 horses under the hood. The GT puts about 260 horses under the hood. The Mach 1 puts about 305 horses under the hood. The SVT Cobra puts out 390 horses, theoretically over 400. The Cobra R puts out 385 horses but is the fastest Cobra. The Saleen SR, you ready Nacho, I hope your ready, puts out 505hp. I think Mustangs have power man. The Mach 1 is a great comparison to the Z and it includes absolutely no turbos, superchargers at all. Modd the Z and the Mach 1 to the limit and the Mach 1 will most likely come out in first due to the engine used. I am just comparing horses but they have a lot to do of how powerful a car is. Put a turbo under the hood of a Z Nacho, but I guarentee you will not be able to topple a Saleen or a modded Mach 1, maybe not even a Cobra.

Nacho start looking at posts thouroughly and look at THE MUSTANG STATS SO YOU DON'T COME IN TO THIS FORUM THINKING IN YOUR OPINION THAT THE Z IS THE FASTER CAR. At least compare.

Saleen......

Old 12-01-2003, 07:43 PM   #135
nacho_nissan
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to nacho_nissan Send a message via MSN to nacho_nissan Send a message via Yahoo to nacho_nissan

ok...I knew most of the info u gave me.
Ok,ma bad,the title is "sentra Vs 03' cobra".
I ned to know how to upload this,can anybody tell me?? See,i never said the 350z was the fastest car,but i dont know why u cant seem to get the saleens cant fit in the 350z category... Wait until i can upload this video,it's badass...

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe