Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe Includes the VQ35DE, VQ37VHR - Z33 and Z34.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-08-2003, 10:34 PM   #1
infiniti617
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to infiniti617
Lightbulb 2004 all wheel drive and convertible g35?

I heard that the 2004 G35's are going to have all wheel drive (increased price of course)...and I also heard that a convertible version (hardtop or soft top??) was in the works. Does anyone know anything about this?? I would be willing to wait for a convertible version.
infiniti617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 05:27 PM   #2
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

Re: 2004 all wheel drive and convertible g35?

Quote:
Originally posted by infiniti617
I heard that the 2004 G35's are going to have all wheel drive (increased price of course)...and I also heard that a convertible version (hardtop or soft top??) was in the works. Does anyone know anything about this?? I would be willing to wait for a convertible version.
Never heard of that but what I'm really not certain of is why would they make a convertible AWD vehicle?

It seems to me that AWD is better served in a colder, snowier climate and having a convertible in that kinda area is usually inconvenient and most or a lot of people don't have one.

I lived in Alaska for 4 years and I only rarely seen any convertibles and I don't know of any that were AWD, it doesn't seem to me that they would sell to well being in that configuration.
Old 05-11-2003, 06:35 PM   #3
kahboom
AF Newbie

AWD

AWD as regards handling performance is it's most prudent purpose in a sports coupe. It is not necessarily specifically marketed for colder climates. I don't forsee there being implementation of AWD in this vehicle. The convertible will come via the Z.
kahboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 07:51 PM   #4
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

Re: AWD

Quote:
Originally posted by kahboom
AWD as regards handling performance is it's most prudent purpose in a sports coupe. It is not necessarily specifically marketed for colder climates. I don't forsee there being implementation of AWD in this vehicle. The convertible will come via the Z.
AWD is marketed toward colder climates, I've lived in several cold climate areas and the more popular sale vehicles were the ones with AWD. Besides a lot of SUV's and trucks are offered as AWD vehicles and are hot sellers in cold climates.

I haven't really seen a lot of sportscoupes that offer AWD and even if they do they really don't sell as well. I agree that there more than likely won't be an AWD model for the G coupe.
Old 06-05-2003, 05:35 PM   #5
VR6punk
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to VR6punk
AWD is effective when you need more traction to reduce wheelspin off the line and improve acceleration when cornering.. that's why the Porsche has it. The G35 has no problems grabbing the road with the 280 HP, so I think they would only add AWD if they came out w/ a turbo version that pushed 350+ hp.

However, it is also effective in snow and bad weather - which is why Suburaru and Audi have.

So I think you're both right.
Old 06-22-2003, 06:57 PM   #6
Derek Jeter
AF Newbie

Thumbs up You are correct

Just visited an Infiniti dealership yesterday because I have lease going back. The G35 IS going to come in AWD (optional of course) in November. Purpose of which is to appeal to more drivers, therefore increasing sales (remember the goal of the G35 was to sell more vehicles than BMW). Don't know if you'll see in the coupe, but it will absolutely be offered in the sedan. Good luck all.

DJ
Derek Jeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 11:49 PM   #7
Akisan2
AF Regular

as much as I know(I have nissan specific book in japanese, one of the latest in g35,Z,fq45, steagea) no convertible g35 aka skyline is coming out. The Z roadstar is next, and in 2004, I see that Z is going to come out with single turbo special version. The almight GTR(skyline GTR based on g35) will be release on late 2004, early 2005 for sure with twin turbo set up next to the Z with nissan's (or simply the best in my opinion ) ATTESA with major improvements. That's what I see though it might be different here in the states...
Akisan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 04:38 PM   #8
deh
AF Newbie

AWD would definitely be attractive in this neck of the woods (upstate ny). Anyone have experience with the g35 as its now available, driving in the snow?
deh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 11:45 AM   #9
ibegtodiffer
AF Newbie

Slap winter tires on her, keep the traction control on and she's fine.
ibegtodiffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 02:19 PM   #10
S&M Design Studio
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to S&M Design Studio
G35 Roadster Photo

Looks to me like either Infiniti is trying to scare the competition or is serious about a luxury-sport convertible...Why not, Lexus has one- not that their roadster is exactly what I consider sporty...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg g35couproadster.jpg (32.5 KB, 331 views)
Old 07-24-2003, 02:36 PM   #11
deadmaninc
AF Enthusiast

Man that pic is a photoshoped pic. The mixed the G with the Z convertable.
deadmaninc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 02:51 PM   #12
S&M Design Studio
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to S&M Design Studio
Yeah, you know after I posted it and looked at it again I realized that it's probably a fake...I used to work for Nissan and that pic's background looks very familiar...It would make sense to greenlight a G35 Roadster though- BMW has the Z8, Benz has their little convertible toy and Lexus has their's as well...I could see a definite high-end roadster market...We'll see...Sorry about that probable fake photo...
Old 08-10-2003, 10:52 PM   #13
Consult72
AF Newbie

All-wheel drive for 2004 G35 Coupe?

Hi, does anyone have any update as to whether the 2004 G35 coupe will have all-wheel drive just like the sedan? Also, will the interior be updated at all? If it comes with all-wheel drive, I will definitely consider the G35 coupe as my next car.
Consult72 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe