Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > S-10
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 01:49 AM   #16
boomer92266
AF Newbie

Re: getting gas in my oil?

i don't know what the cannister vent control valve is. but i just got thru running it on idle in the dark to see if the miss was a firing problem. well fire is jumping from the wires and at the plugs where the wire attaches. now i have got brand new wires, plugs, cap, button, control module, coil, and the coil that goes in the distibutor. so i'm at a loss to why i'm having so much bad luck with this motor. i did notice 4 wires that come from the distibutor are cut and taped, only 2 are hooked up the ones going to the coil. a friend put the motor in for me, i called him he said that the wires had a snap in hookup but when he hooked them up the truck would cut out bad and the manifold would glow red. so he cut them so i wouldn't make the same mistake. so i guess i'll have to scrap it, have put over $500 in this and still don't run right. oh well thanks for all the help, ya'll have been great. thanks again
boomer92266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:09 AM   #17
j cAT
AF Fanatic

with that distributor work done check the timing..

the cannister vent control valve controls fuel tank vapors..fuel vapors go into a charcoal cannister..this then when the engine runs purges the cannister charcoal of gas vapors that got stored there when the vehicle was not operating..if this is broken not connected correctly vacuum lines damaged this can cause fuel to be sucked out of the fuel tank into the intake manifold..

fuel vapors are not supposed to be vented into the air , but sent into the engine to be consumed..

with that set up , I would not use your friend anymore to work on your vehicles...electrical tape is not good for 25,ooo volts..
j cAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:31 PM   #18
boomer92266
AF Newbie

no cannister that i can find except in front under the head lights is a black cannister. nothing plugged to it, i was told today to check my electric fuel pump and put those 4 wires some where. i guess i should have told you guys sorry i wasn't thinking but my truck is a 1988 truck that got a 1984 motor put in it. it came out fuel injected but all that wireing has been removed. and the carbureted engine put in. i was told the electric pump could still be hooked up and those wires may keep it from firing enough to burn the fuel. i'll check tomorrow when its light to try and find that canister and i'm gonna run all my fuel lines down. i sure know i have a firing problem with the sparks i'm getting. i guess i'll keep working a little on it cause its got a great body and trans so the truck is worth it. just stuff is so high just wished i could get right before i spend more than i need too. thanks for any help.
boomer92266 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > S-10