Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Integra
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-18-2003, 01:27 PM   #1
Side_FX
AF Newbie

Is RSX Type S With Turbo worth it?

My friend says it's not worth putting a turbo in due to problems keeping tires from peeling. This doesn't really seem like it would be to bad as long as you can drive.

Has anyone one put a turbo on, and what kind of HP increase has it gotten you and what king of 0-60 do you get?
Side_FX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2003, 11:55 PM   #2
CEEJ
AF Newbie

I havn't put a turbo on my type s , my friend put one on his, u don't really have to worry about pilling the tires off if u r a good driver, but it has been my experience that ur engine will not be good for half as long as it would be if u don't turbo it. if u don't plan on keeping the car a long time I say go for it, but if u plan on keeping the car for a long time I wouldn't do it.
CEEJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 10:17 PM   #3
sageprime1
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to sageprime1
Re: Is RSX Type S With Turbo worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEEJ
I havn't put a turbo on my type s , my friend put one on his, u don't really have to worry about pilling the tires off if u r a good driver, but it has been my experience that ur engine will not be good for half as long as it would be if u don't turbo it. if u don't plan on keeping the car a long time I say go for it, but if u plan on keeping the car for a long time I wouldn't do it.
what do u mean if u don't plan on having the car a long time, if you tune the car properly, you can have a turbocharged rsx with the turbo and the engine lasting a long time.....a long time to me is 100k miles and maybe even more. the more boost, the less the life of the engine naturally, but don't go off sayin, "if u don't plan on keeping the car a long time i say go for it." that is a very inaccurate statement and a foolish suggestion!!!!
Old 01-02-2004, 06:31 PM   #4
NarbehX
AF Newbie

lets face it... ur driving a car meant for practical use and 2.0 liter engine... when u start droppin turbos and superchargers and whatever else in there, driving like an idiot and sometimes even not driving like an idiot, something, maybe even ur car, will break... its actually NOT a foolish suggestion that if ur not gonna keep ur car a long time, go for it... sorry its the sad truth... u want a car that will stay reliable even after heavy modding: BMW and porsche to name 2 i'm most confident in
NarbehX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 06:55 PM   #5
ghetto7o2azn
AF Enthusiast

wut? i see turbo celicas n mr2's with over 200k miles and still running stock turbo and engine... you just need to take more care of the car.... and you shouldnt just peel if you dont rev as high.. if your racing then get wider and softer tires.... as for the power increases, it depends on what kind of turbo u get... if you get a small turbo than it will kick in faster usually giving you more boost off the line, but bigger turbos may not spool as fast but they will give you a hell of a lot more power...
ghetto7o2azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 09:38 PM   #6
sageprime1
AF Enthusiast

narbehx, what the heck are u talkin about sayin because its a 2.0???? the power within this engine is there. It has been tuned to deliever more power, and the mods just relate to the engine with no problems. it can efficiently handle the power of a turbo.....also, if you want to rely on your european cars, go ahead, you talkin like you have all the money so you go do that, as for the rest of us import lovers, we'll hold on to our engines, release their power, pay a fraction of what you pay for you bmw, porsche, and lambo, just to name a few and continually whoop that ass!!!!

ghetoo7o2azn....thanks for those extra facts
Old 01-03-2004, 12:49 AM   #7
NarbehX
AF Newbie

HAHAHAHA whoop my ass with what? a turbo'ed RSX? what a jokeeeee... without forced induction, that car is NOTHING... pay a fraction of what i pay, atleast i drive around in class and can still leave u at half-open throttle in my rear view mirror STOCK while ur few thousands on a turbo and what not goes down the drain... and dont give me that BULLSH*T about "paying a fraction of what i pay" because if thats the case, i could go get an old ass first gen BMW from a junkyard, which would even look better than ur crap, have a budget of up to what 20G's which u spent on ur acura, and have a car that will run LAPS around u... puh-LEASSSSSSSE dont waste my time with ur worthless talk ya heathen
Old 01-03-2004, 10:52 AM   #8
RSX-S777
AF Enthusiast

This guy has the balls to say he does anything "with class"? By the way- I'm sure you'll have no problem finding plenty of BMWs at the junkyard....
RSX-S777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 11:24 AM   #9
NarbehX
AF Newbie

u've got nothin left to back up ur cause son, so jus dont bother speaking
Old 01-03-2004, 12:21 PM   #10
RSX-S777
AF Enthusiast

Are you insane?... Your "case" is ridiculous. I've leased the Audi A4 and the BMW Z3. You want to talk about reliability?! These cars are great to drive but they are junk-poorly constructed. I would bet my life on a Honda engine/drivetrain/chassis ANY DAY over these cars. If they fall apart STOCK, you fool, you think they would fare any better after intense modding??!! I'm not talking shit either- I've had these cars IN MY DRIVEWAY. So what do you have to back up your case besides loudmouth bullshit? Shut your manpleaser, punk-ass
Old 01-04-2004, 06:05 PM   #11
sageprime1
AF Enthusiast

motherfucker, you only know me from the shit i type on this forum so don't come out your face callin me a heathen, also, the RSX is mean't for speed not luxury or style, so your words bother me if you knew that, and like my man RSX-s777 is sayin, if you want a luxury car get another one from the junk yard you go the one you're riddin in now ......furthermore, this part of the forum is about RSX's, so if you love your european cars, go to the bmw, audi, ect., ect. forums and place your threads talkin shit about the RSX, here, i only want to read about honda/acura....not assholes that only want to defile the car!
Old 01-04-2004, 06:47 PM   #12
RSX-S777
AF Enthusiast

I wouldnt worry too much about what this kid thinks, Sage...he was in the Audi forum a little while back asking people how to shift correctly. Sounds like a little punk who's daddy bought him an Audi-thats all he knows. Anything he believes about other cars (like the RSX) is groundless bullshit or someone else's ignorant opinion recycled...
Old 01-05-2004, 12:43 AM   #13
MexSiR
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to MexSiR

I second that.
Porsche RS America
BMW 323 01
Pictures of my ride (Pictures)
MexSiR is offline   Reply With Quote