Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '71-'87 Civic | CRX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 09:20 PM   #1
markamr63
AF Newbie

hi

it has been awhile, still working on my 1980 honda civic wagon. i changed the fuel pump and filter still would not start,no gas to the carb so i changed both filters still no gas so i checked the power wire going to the pump and it was all corroded so i changed it out,soldered in a new wire and heat shrunk it, now i have power back to the pump, if i bypass the relay. next payday its off to pull and save for more parts. the car sat in the neighbors yard for about 10 yrs with the parking brake on, boy was that fun to move but i changed all the brakes and freed up the parking brake now that works. then the p.o. found the shop manual he had bought 12 yrs ago, that helped, but the book is falling apart so i have to be careful with it. it still won't start yet but it isn't my daily driver, just someplace to go and tinker to get away from everyone. oh yea someone came by and broke my antenna off the other day,just one more thing to fix it is a nice car,no dents and only a little rust it will be my fishing car.it is basic no ac unless i roll the windows down. those carbs are a pain to rebuild it was missing a few parts so i went to pull and save and bought a whole carb,it will run for a few seconds if i squirt either down the car but that's not good for it.well back to more tinkering have fun and God bleese these old hondas
markamr63 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '71-'87 Civic | CRX