Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '71-'87 Civic | CRX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 04:06 PM   #1
little_jockey
AF Newbie

1987 civic engine help

I have a 1987 Honda Civic wagon, 2wd, with a carburetor D15A2 engine in it. The engine has about 360xxx miles on it. I want to get the car up and running again, but I dont know if if would be better to just try and fix it or buy a whole new engine for it. I've searched online for used engines and I can't find anywhere with the same engine available. Does anyone know of where I can get one? Or if theres another engine I could swap it with? The car ran perfect before, the only thing wrong with it is that it skipped time due to a bad tensioner. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.
little_jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 08:42 AM   #2
lxndr
AF -Advisor

Re: 1987 civic engine help

This motor is in extremely low demand, your best option is to either rebuild the one you've got, or see if you can track down a rebuilt short block through your local auto parts store. Either way you're probably looking at around $1,000.

Searching Craigslist for a used motor or parts car might be the easiest way to go. You can also try your local junk yard since they usually offer some kind of warranty with their motors. Again, this is not a popular motor, finding a replacement won't be easy.

You can also check on www.redpepperracing.com. These guys are crazy for the 1st/3rd gen civics! Who knows, maybe someone there is local and has a motor laying around.

Good luck
lxndr is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '71-'87 Civic | CRX